Windows 10: File Explorer: Storing emails but doesn't populate "To" and "From" fields/columns

Discus and support File Explorer: Storing emails but doesn't populate "To" and "From" fields/columns in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Tried to keep this short and concise; breakdown of query below: 1. Using file explorer to save emails (for backup/archiving purposes, and so other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RP&tz, Jul 16, 2019.

1. RP&tz Win User

File Explorer: Storing emails but doesn't populate "To" and "From" fields/columns

Tried to keep this short and concise; breakdown of query below:

1. Using file explorer to save emails (for backup/archiving purposes, and so other people in my team can access the emails);

2. Activated/added the "To" and "From" columns for the purpose of seeing who sent and received each email;

3. The "To" and "From" fields do not populate when saving emails to the relevant file / locations; and

4. Tried other columns such as "Sender address" etc. but same issue as set out in point 3 above.

The idea behind this is so that people can easily see who sent/received the emails (and whether there was any attachments if possible) at a glance, instead of having to open the emails individually.

:)

RP&tz, Jul 16, 2019

2. How can I get a list of available columns in File Explorer for Windows 10 AND where they all populate from?

Here is a screen shot of all the date fields I could find in File Explorer. Some are populated automatically and some are blank. I'd like to know how I can find a list of ALL available fields (columns) in File Explorer. I'm surprised I'm having such a difficult
    time finding this information. I'd like to know what they all are, where they populate from, which ones are manual fields only. The ultimate goal is to manually enter a date into a field that won't be overwritten EVER so that we can sort files by this date.

File Explorer: Storing emails but doesn't populate "To" and "From" fields/columns 33a7b9c9-936c-458d-a906-b88179783ff2?upload=true.png

Kimbre Hill, Jul 16, 2019
  3. File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

File Explorer: Storing emails but doesn't populate "To" and "From" fields/columns

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. File Explorer: Storing emails but doesn't populate "To" and "From" fields/columns - Similar Threads - File Explorer Storing

2. File Explorer Tags column

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Tags column: Hello How do I get PDF tags to show in the File Explorer Tags column? please see image below.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tags-column/20e8c79b-6499-4e5e-bf02-3247f28ab7c9
  3. Add a field not available actually to file explorer columns

Add a field not available actually to file explorer columns: Hi, I'm in trouble, cause I wanna add a column to File Explorer, when I open a folder,If I Right-click onto this barI would see a column that I could not find in "Choose Details"with "Last Saved By" property, like this Excell file, in the picture under...
  4. Add a field not available actually to file explorer columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a field not available actually to file explorer columns: Hi, I'm in trouble, cause I wanna add a column to File Explorer, when I open a folder,If I Right-click onto this barI would see a column that I could not find in "Choose Details"with "Last Saved By" property, like this Excell file, in the picture under...
  5. Add a field not available actually to file explorer columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. File Explorer Ratings Column

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Ratings Column: 1. How do I unrate a file. There is no 0 star option?2. How to rate folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-ratings-column/d01892b5-44d6-4b09-840e-bcdac7dbe284
  7. File Explorer Ratings Column

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Ratings Column: 1. How do I unrate a file. There is no 0 star option?2. How to rate folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-ratings-column/d01892b5-44d6-4b09-840e-bcdac7dbe284
  8. file explorer columns

file explorer columns: The problem is since update to version 1909 the bit rate is not showing in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-columns/a243c5e2-ac14-4cae-b62e-895a75d97cae
  9. File Explorer Column Headings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Column Headings: Hello, Each time I make a new folder to store there some media files such as music or video, imediantly the column headings (automaticaly) are (except the name), as follows: # , Title, Contributing Artists, Album. So I have to click on each heading to change it (except...
  10. "Comments" field in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "Comments" field in File Explorer: There is one available; I have included it on my Details listings. How can I assign a comment? 92733