Windows 10: File explorer stuck in endless loop of opening and saving a file

Discus and support File explorer stuck in endless loop of opening and saving a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m trying to install optifine. When I try opening the installer, it asks me to open, open with, save, save as. I click open, and it sends me to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Crystal_550, Mar 29, 2021.

1. File explorer stuck in endless loop of opening and saving a file

I’m trying to install optifine. When I try opening the installer, it asks me to open, open with, save, save as. I click open, and it sends me to the explorer tab with “view all downloads”. It shows the file, with save and save as next to it. If I click save/save as, it pops up in the same tab, except it says open. Then it sends me back to the save/save as button, then etc. I’ve never had this problem before, having to open installers and it’s happening with other installers too like Java. How do I fix this?

:)

Crystal_550, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 29, 2021
  4. naftalit Win User

File explorer stuck in endless loop of opening and saving a file

Window 10 file explorer stuck

Hi Deepika,

Thanks on your help

I try all three suggestion but unfortunately the problem remain.

It is look the explorer stuck when I right clicking on file letter or try to past file.

Some details on the steps:

Step 1: When the Task manager is open no Window Explorer task exist. Clicking on File Explorer under Start menu window, bring Window Explorer task. Than I End the task using task manager and reopen the task by Run New Task in the task manger. The Window
    Explorer task is appeared in the Task manger and on the screen window. Right clicking on the disk letter the Explorer was stuck again.

Step 2: I run the checkdisk on disk C (contains the Window) without /f and get report all is OK

Step 3: I run the Memory diagnostic. After long waiting time a report OK is received.

Any other suggestion will be appreciate

Thank

Naftali

naftalit, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

File explorer stuck in endless loop of opening and saving a file

1. File explorer stuck in endless loop of opening and saving a file - Similar Threads - File explorer stuck

2. Computer stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on endless loop: I was updating windows 10But i got the we couldn't complete update reverting changes errorAfter 2-3 hoursI restarted my pc and now it is stuck in endless loopmeaning that it starts normally when a manufactuer logo appears it will go black screen then an loading circle appears...
  3. Computer stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on endless loop: I was updating windows 10But i got the we couldn't complete update reverting changes errorAfter 2-3 hoursI restarted my pc and now it is stuck in endless loopmeaning that it starts normally when a manufactuer logo appears it will go black screen then an loading circle appears...
  4. Computer stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck in endless bios loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in endless bios loop: Hi people, so I recently just built my new computer. I am using an old hard drive and gpu. Whenever I turn on the pc it takes me to bios and then I do not get a “bootable” device in the bios. If I save and exit I’m stuck in an endless loop of constantly being taken back to...
  6. Stuck in endless bios loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in endless bios loop: Hi people, so I recently just built my new computer. I am using an old hard drive and gpu. Whenever I turn on the pc it takes me to bios and then I do not get a “bootable” device in the bios. If I save and exit I’m stuck in an endless loop of constantly being taken back to...
  7. Stuck in endless bios loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Stuck in an endless boot loop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in an endless boot loop.: Yesterday, instead of booting up, my computer got stuck in an endless boot loop. Everytime I try to boot it up, it shows this for a couple of seconds (sorry for blurry image, had to be quick.) Then, it restarts. After a couple of restarts, it goes into the "repair" screen....
  9. I'm stuck in an endless loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm stuck in an endless loop: So, my PC kept blue screening and I tried to reload it to an old backup but, it wouldn't work. So, I did a factory reset and completely cleared everything. I'm now stuck at the "why did my PC restart?" screen. Everytime I press next it says "just a moment" and then brings me...
  10. Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open: Help, I have a Windows 10 operating system on a Lenovo YOGA 730-13 Laptop. I also have OneDrive both personal and from Work. Currently, I save several types of documents Word, Excel, PPT, etc. within folders that I have created and placed on my Desktop. The Problem:...