Windows 10: File Explorer Tabs in Windows 11 version 22H2

Discus and support File Explorer Tabs in Windows 11 version 22H2 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released a new update for Windows 11 Insider devices today that brings the version of the operating system to 22621.160. The update is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 14, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

File Explorer Tabs in Windows 11 version 22H2

Microsoft released a new update for Windows 11 Insider devices today that brings the version of the operating system to 22621.160. The update is a smaller bug fix one, which is expected, as Microsoft is readying the new Windows 11 feature update for release.

File Explorer Tabs in Windows 11 version 22H2 How-to-enable-tabs-in-File-Explorer-in-Windows-11.jpg

One of the main features that Microsoft works on currently is tabs in File Explorer. The company's initial plan was to introduce tab support for all program windows of the Windows operating system. The plan changed and Microsoft switched the focus of development to integrating tabs into File Explorer, which is the default file manager of the operating system.

The latest Beta build of Windows 11 version 22 includes support for File Explorer tabs. Microsoft removed support for tabs in File Explorer in earlier builds, but restored the functionality in today's release.

Build 25136 of the 2023 feature update release saw the integration of File Explorer tabs as well.

File Explorer Tabs in Windows 11 version 22H2 Microsoft-unveils-Tabs-in-File-Explorer.png

While there is still a chance that the feature will be turned off by default in the feature update, it appears as if File Explorer tabs will be enabled by default in upcoming feature update.

Tabs allow Windows users to open multiple directories and paths in a single File Explorer window. Tabs in File Explorer work similarly to browser tabs. Users may create new tabs in File Explorer and use them independently of one another. Keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-T to open a new tab and Ctrl-W to close the active tab are supported as well.

A right-click menu is provided to manage open tabs in Explorer, e.g., to close tabs. The feature supports reordering using drag & drop operations.

Closing Words

Tabs support in File Explorer is a highly requested feature, as it may be used to open multiple paths in a single File Explorer window. Microsoft may add features to the basic version in the long run, for instance, to improve file operations between tabs.

To summarize: File Explorer tabs will likely make it in the upcoming Windows 11 feature update, because Microsoft enabled them in the latest beta build of Windows 11 version 22H2. If tabs are enabled in the next Release Preview build, then it is very likely that they will also be enabled in the final release later this year.

Now You: what is your take on tabs in File Explorer?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post File Explorer Tabs in Windows 11 version 22H2 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 14, 2022
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Browser Tabs

Hi,

When you go to a certain website using Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 that requires 64-bit and it opens the tab in 32-bit, it is possible that there were changes or upgrades made.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes or updates made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For information and steps to help resolve the issue, you can refer to Don Varnau's post on this

link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jun 14, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

1. File Explorer Tabs in Windows 11 version 22H2 - Similar Threads - File Explorer Tabs

2. Windows 22H2 File Explorer Tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 22H2 File Explorer Tabs: I remember a time when hovering over the Task Bar and having multiple tabs open in Chrome, that each tab would display as a separate preview.If tabs are being added to various apps, can we get that back?...
  3. Windows 22H2 File Explorer Tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 22H2 File Explorer Tabs: I remember a time when hovering over the Task Bar and having multiple tabs open in Chrome, that each tab would display as a separate preview.If tabs are being added to various apps, can we get that back?...
  4. Windows 11, version 22H2 file explorer tabs not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, version 22H2 file explorer tabs not working: Finally updated with Windows 11, version 22H2. The Learn About says it enables tabs in File Explorer. Nope.I read posts from September that said it would be a month before this worked. It's a month. And Microsoft's own page of amazing features all of which are useless for me...
  5. Windows 11, version 22H2 file explorer tabs not working

Windows 11, version 22H2 file explorer tabs not working: Finally updated with Windows 11, version 22H2. The Learn About says it enables tabs in File Explorer. Nope.I read posts from September that said it would be a month before this worked. It's a month. And Microsoft's own page of amazing features all of which are useless for me...
  6. no file explorer tab in win 11 22h2 22621.674

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no file explorer tab in win 11 22h2 22621.674: It this the new feature? i'm still not getting tabs in file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-file-explorer-tab-in-win-11-22h2-22621674/3c1bd758-a4ca-4cab-8888-4ce87d211ced
  7. no file explorer tab in win 11 22h2 22621.674

no file explorer tab in win 11 22h2 22621.674: It this the new feature? i'm still not getting tabs in file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-file-explorer-tab-in-win-11-22h2-22621674/3c1bd758-a4ca-4cab-8888-4ce87d211ced
  8. Windows 11 Version 22H2 File Explorer Ribbon

Windows 11 Version 22H2 File Explorer Ribbon: Windows 11, version 22H2 has updated the file explorer ribbon. Before the update we were able to revert to the classic file explorer ribbon by using a register fix. But since the 22H2 update the fix has been disabled and we are stuck with the windows 11 file explorer...
  9. No file explorer tabs on Windows 11 22H2 22621.521

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No file explorer tabs on Windows 11 22H2 22621.521: I installed Win 11 22H2. I did not have new tab feature. Is it bug or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-file-explorer-tabs-on-windows-11-22h2-22621521/146a7d05-6d03-49df-9758-5bddeac6c4d3
  10. No file explorer tabs on Windows 11 22H2 22621.521

No file explorer tabs on Windows 11 22H2 22621.521: I installed Win 11 22H2. I did not have new tab feature. Is it bug or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-file-explorer-tabs-on-windows-11-22h2-22621521/146a7d05-6d03-49df-9758-5bddeac6c4d3