Windows 10: File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

Discus and support File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rahat A., May 23, 2019.

1. Rahat A. Win User

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in "Advanced...". Whenever I re-open the folder properties window, the box get automatically checked.

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties fe4bb8b2-9297-482d-a70f-bccd4621f6f5?upload=true.png

I noticed that some of the other tabs appear on folder shortcuts.

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties 0c40502a-d0fa-4485-b7c2-409daebe2c29?upload=true.png

Any help is appreaciated File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties :)

:)

Rahat A., May 23, 2019
  2. RyoTakagi Win User

Properties Tab

Hello, I see that you have a few tabs missing in explorer properties. The forum thread may help you resolve this. Try the methods listed here!:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope this helps!

RyoTakagi, May 23, 2019
  3. Missing Sharing Tab in Folder Properties on Windows10

H Roshan,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by JacktheSmack replied on February 21, 2016 in the below link and check if it helps.

Sharing tab missing in Folder Properties on Windows 10

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with missing folder properties, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 23, 2019
  4. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

Missing Sharing Tab in Folder Properties on Windows10

H Roshan,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in folder settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Is the issue occurring with all the folder?
    • Have you tried to create a new folder and checked its properties?

I suggest you to create a new folder on the computer and check its properties for Share tab.

Also I recommend you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back to us with an update on issue with missing folder properties, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 23, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

1. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties - Similar Threads - File Explorer Tabs

2. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348:On one PC, when I display the properties sheet for a folder, only two tabs appear: "General" and "Previous Versions", instead of "General", "Sharing", "Security", "Previous Versions", and "Customize". I have attached screen shots to...
  3. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348:On one PC, when I display the properties sheet for a folder, only two tabs appear: "General" and "Previous Versions", instead of "General", "Sharing", "Security", "Previous Versions", and "Customize". I have attached screen shots to...
  4. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Explorer Folder Properties Tabs Missing: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348: on one PC, when I display the properties sheet for a folder, only two tabs appear: "General" and "Previous Versions", instead of "General", "Sharing", "Security", "Previous Versions", and "Customize". I have attached screen shots...
  6. Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question on Missing Customize Tab in Folder Properties Tutorial: I am trying to change the icons on the Desktop and the Properties window is missing the Customize tab. I also tried going to the "users\me\Desktop" path in Win Explorer to bring the Properties window up and it is also missing there. There is a great Tutorial on how to correct...
  7. Missing securities tab in properties folder of drive(D)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing securities tab in properties folder of drive(D): Hello. I needed to disable read only option on a mounted ISO file. It said I did not have access. To sideline this, I need the securities tab, which is not available for the drive in properties folder. It’s available on everything else, including the C drive. File system is...
  8. Missing Tab On File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tab On File Explorer: I am running Windows 10 version 1903. My file explorer is missing the Home tab on the ribbon. All I have is File, Computer, & View. The only thing changed is a new router installed yesterday & my Pc is set to WiFi now instead of being connected directly to the router. But I...
  9. Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer: in this pc my driver haven't the capacity details and in peroperties aren't the former tabs.i attach the picture. please help me fix this [ATTACH] ***Original title: deappearing driver peroperties***...
  10. Windows 10 File Explorer folder's properties sec & other tabs missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 File Explorer folder's properties sec & other tabs missing: I've had this problem before with an external sata drive I connect to either with sata or USB where I'm not able to access certain files and folders because of file and folder permissions. I'm currently connected to this sata drive via USB under Windows 10 where I'm not able...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows folder properties missing

2. tabs missing in folder properties

3. properties missing from folder

4. file explorer missing location tab