Windows 10: File Explorer Tabs missing in Windows 11

Discus and support File Explorer Tabs missing in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Tabs in File Explorer were among the new features added in Windows 11. You no longer need to use 3rd-party freeware or create a new window each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 4, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

File Explorer Tabs missing in Windows 11

File Explorer Tabs missing in Windows 11 [​IMG]
    Tabs in File Explorer were among the new features added in Windows 11. You no longer need to use 3rd-party freeware or create a new window each time you need to open multiple folders in new tabs. the new feature lets you open tabs for various folders independently on the same Explorer window. While some […]

This article File Explorer Tabs missing in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Feb 4, 2023
  2. xerces8 Win User

Missing Tab On File Explorer

This still happens with Windows version 20H2, just happened to me.

A workaround is:

After navigating to the desired search folder or drive, click in the search box (upper right corner), a list of recent searches will appear below the box. Click one, then press enter; ignore the files that appear. Now the Search Tools tab and ribbon will appear.

Source: answers.microsoft.com : Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

xerces8, Feb 4, 2023
  3. Arul_D Win User
    History is missing in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Shirley,

• When you say “There is no history on the internet explorer” what exactly are you referring to?

• Is history tab is missing or history entries is missing in Internet Explorer?
    Follow the step to fix this issue.

Run Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.

Steps to run Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.

• Go to the start screen.
    • Enter Troubleshooting in the search box, and then tap or click Troubleshooting.
    • Tap or click View all, select Internet Explorer Performance, and then follow the instructions in the Troubleshooter.
    If issue persists refer the link to reset Internet Explorer 11.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Do reply with the result. If you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Bree Win User

Missing Tab On File Explorer

The tabs and their functions are dynamic, adjusting to suit what you are currently viewing in File Explorer. For example, if you select a .mp4 file a tab named 'Video tools' appears, select a .zip and you get 'Compressed folder tools', do a search and a Search tools tab appears. The tools on the Home tab (delete, select, etc.) are only appropriate when viewing the contents of a drive or a folder, there is no Home tab when viewing 'This PC' but there is when in 'Quick access'.

Have you recently change File Explorer to open at This PC? That may explain your missing Home tab, it should appear when needed as you explore the drives and folders.

Bree, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

1. File Explorer Tabs missing in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - File Explorer Tabs

2. Windows 11 file explorer tabs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer tabs.: After the update I now have tabs on explorer. If I left click on a folder or drive it opens but there is still only one tab on top. It just replaced the one the was there previously. I can right click and there is a option to open in a new tab then I'll have two tabs. Is...
  3. Windows 11 file explorer tabs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer tabs.: After the update I now have tabs on explorer. If I left click on a folder or drive it opens but there is still only one tab on top. It just replaced the one the was there previously. I can right click and there is a option to open in a new tab then I'll have two tabs. Is...
  4. Tabbed file explorer missing - Windows 11 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed file explorer missing - Windows 11 2022: Can anyone help on enabling the tabbed file explorer on the new Windows 11 update. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabbed-file-explorer-missing-windows-11-2022/d187beb5-c398-4c29-a5a7-e0da4d4fa1a6
  5. Tabbed file explorer missing - Windows 11 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabbed file explorer missing - Windows 11 2022: Can anyone help on enabling the tabbed file explorer on the new Windows 11 update. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabbed-file-explorer-missing-windows-11-2022/d187beb5-c398-4c29-a5a7-e0da4d4fa1a6
  6. Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.: Hi from Snowy England I am using File Explorer to find contents of a file. I can no longer access the Advanced Options tab. If I enter a search phrase in the search box, it starts searching straight away. I then go to Advanced options and tick the File Contents option. As...
  7. Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

Missing search tools tab in file explorer?: Hello, I'm not sure when this happened, but I have noticed that the Search Tools tab in File Explorer has disappeared. I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.836. I have another corporate-owned laptop running Windows 10 that does not receive updates unless...
  8. Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer

Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer: How can I bring up the Search Tab in Win10 File explorer without having to do a quick Start & Stop in order to view the options available under the Search Tab?...
  9. Missing Tab On File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tab On File Explorer: I am running Windows 10 version 1903. My file explorer is missing the Home tab on the ribbon. All I have is File, Computer, & View. The only thing changed is a new router installed yesterday & my Pc is set to WiFi now instead of being connected directly to the router. But I...
  10. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...