Windows 10: File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing

Discus and support File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, A Client of mine had a strange occurrence in Windows 10 Enterprise x64. their file explorer, once maximized looses its tabs, ribbon and title... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AllCovered_CC, Oct 30, 2018.

1. File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing

Hi all,

A Client of mine had a strange occurrence in Windows 10 Enterprise x64. their file explorer, once maximized looses its tabs, ribbon and title bar. Has anyone come across this issue? Restarting explorer.exe did not fix the issue. I had the client reboot and it was fixed. The client mentioned this is the second time it has happened. Are there any fix other than a reboot? What is causing this to happen?

Thanks

CC File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing 960c0112-ef7b-4466-bc1a-327fd39d5a06?upload=true.png

:)

AllCovered_CC, Oct 30, 2018

2. Remove colored ribbon tabs in title bar on a file explorer window in Win10Pro

When i am working i need to concentrate on my work. i need to switch quickly between many different windows using the mouse. That is how i use my computer. The existence of color tabs require extra steps to minimize the ribbon each time i put a file window
    on top. Or i must concentrate on finding the right spot to click on the bar. this slows productivity. Also the picture you posted shows how useless the ribbon is for those who may use it because that ribbon is mostly blank, only has three items and takes
    up a large part of the window. The ribbon is always available using the items on the bar just below the title bar.

You did not answer if those color tabs on the title bar can be shut off. Can a change in the registry shut off the color tabs on the title bar? Is there any other hack that can shut off these color tabs?

expertbigwheelpilot2, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Remove colored ribbon tabs in title bar on a file explorer window in Win10Pro

These colored ribbon tabs appear in title bar on a file explorer window when certain files are highlighted. To make these tabs disappear I have to click somewhere else in the file explorer window. I very often have many different windows open. I
    click on the title bars of the various open windows to make the window I want on top. That is how I often maneuver between windows. I click on a file explorer window title bar and a ribbon I never use take up most of the window. I have to click the arrow
    to remove the ribbon from view. This is a dreadful feature. Most of those “ribbons” have only three items for those who use the ribbon. Some ribbons have only one item.

To prevent this from happening I have to click somewhere else in the file explorer window before I click a different window I need to be on top. That is a dreadful habit to develop to make my computer more usable.

How do I permanently remove these colored ribbon tabs that appear in title bar on a file explorer window?

“Shortcut Tools” & “Application Tools” in the posted screenshot are an example of what I do not want popping up any more.

I run i7 haswell midtower, 15GB memory, 500GB SSD, 2GB video card & Windows 10 Pro 1709, Windows firewall. I use my computer in a normal user account not an administrator account. I vigilantly keep everything updated daily. Or at least every three days
    I check EVERYTHING for updates.

File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing 9bdf711b-e265-4f19-b2d2-64408da7f647.png

expertbigwheelpilot2, Oct 30, 2018
  4. File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing

Ribbon missing in the task explorer, the libraries and also the text which appears on the title bar are also missing.

Hi Ajeeth,

Please let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to assist you better.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

To Show Ribbon in File Explorer for Your Account from QAT. Right click or press and hold on an empty area of the Ribbon tab bar, and click/tap on Minimize the Ribbon to check it. (see screenshot below)

File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing [​IMG]

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with file explorer. Your reply is most important assist you further. Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing

1. File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing - Similar Threads - File Explorer Tabs

2. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  3. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  4. reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer: Somehow, I've accidently removed the File Explorer ribbon above Clear Access. The small arrow does not now appear next to the FE icon at top right. How to fix without going through Registry?I was trying to find a way to widen the navigation Pane because it is suddenly too...
  5. reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer: Somehow, I've accidently removed the File Explorer ribbon above Clear Access. The small arrow does not now appear next to the FE icon at top right. How to fix without going through Registry?I was trying to find a way to widen the navigation Pane because it is suddenly too...
  6. reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File explorer ribbon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer ribbon missing: I am on windows 10 build 2004. For some reason, my explorer ribbon is just missing. I looked through a few old forum posts on here, but they suggest opening the drop down menu at the top, which is also somehow missing for me. Attached a screenshot. Any help would be...
  8. File Explorer - ribbon went missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - ribbon went missing: I have Windows 10. How do I get back my top ribbon on my screen when I open File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-ribbon-went-missing/e1a47144-e2d5-40d6-af45-2580bc1bf681"
  9. Missing Explorer Ribbon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Explorer Ribbon.: I have no explorer ribbon and not sure what happened to it. Been rather busy lately with other things, so maybe it was never there on install and didn't take notice... not sure. I just know it's not there now. Any help greatly appreciated. 115512
  10. File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out: For most of the afternoon today I have searched through Google and here to see if I can get the File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs fix. So far no luck to get this fix. I am not sure what is exactly the problem with this even I tried to right-click on desktop to get a new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TOP OF FILE EXPLOREr missing

2. TABS ARE MISSING IN FILE EXPLORER

3. File Explorer Windows 10 missing tabs

4. file explorer tabs ribbon and title bar missing,
  5. explorer title bar missing,
  6. file explorer ribbon missing,
  7. missing redo tab on ribbon,
  8. top menu bar in windows file explorer missing,
  9. the computer tab is missing from file explorer in windows 10,
  10. explorer titl bar disappears,
  11. contacts ribbon on file explorer,