Windows 10: file explorer Take forever to load

Discus and support file explorer Take forever to load in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! It is a little bit difficult to explain my problem but I will try my best. When I try to open any folder on my Desktop it takes almost 2 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Popa_Mihai, Dec 10, 2020.

1. file explorer Take forever to load

Hi!

It is a little bit difficult to explain my problem but I will try my best.

When I try to open any folder on my Desktop it takes almost 2 minutes to do so, but when I got that open I can search and "drive" around with no lag or something like this, If I go to word for example, and click one file it redirects me almost instantly to the file list no problems at all!

I run any test I could find and I think I did everything to fix it but nothing worked

If you have any ideas please let me know!

Regards

Mihai Popa

:)

Popa_Mihai, Dec 10, 2020
  2. Smizack Win User

Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

file explorer Take forever to load [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Dec 10, 2020
  3. ilangom Win User
    File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

ilangom, Dec 10, 2020
  4. razghost Win User

file explorer Take forever to load

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Ok so since upgrading from 7 to 10 file explorer has been a absolute nightmare! Everything was either incredibly slow, didn't happen or only partially load. After enduring this to this day I have decided enough is enough and started diagnosing by limiting the startup services using MSconfig.

After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't.

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

razghost, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

file explorer Take forever to load

1. file explorer Take forever to load - Similar Threads - file explorer forever

2. File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it": I have researched this forum and Google and I've done all that has been suggested to try to fix this very annoying issue but nothing worked - Nov 2023It continues to take a very long time to load - "working on it"Windows bug that never got fixedWindows is also up.to.date....
  3. File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it": I have researched this forum and Google and I've done all that has been suggested to try to fix this very annoying issue but nothing worked - Nov 2023It continues to take a very long time to load - "working on it"Windows bug that never got fixedWindows is also up.to.date....
  4. File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explore loads forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explore loads forever: We are currently suffering from an issue that 3 windows 11 users fail to open any directory or files with file explore.When user clicks on a file/dir, the cursor turns to the load icon and loads forever.Even if we kill and restart File Explorer/ restart the PC, the issue...
  6. File Explore loads forever

File Explore loads forever: We are currently suffering from an issue that 3 windows 11 users fail to open any directory or files with file explore.When user clicks on a file/dir, the cursor turns to the load icon and loads forever.Even if we kill and restart File Explorer/ restart the PC, the issue...
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load: Ever since I updated to Windows 11, file explorer takes FOREVER to load and when it does right click doesn't work at all inside of it. Everything else in Windows 11 is completely fine except the file explorer. Any suggestions?...
  8. Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load

Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load: Ever since I updated to Windows 11, file explorer takes FOREVER to load and when it does right click doesn't work at all inside of it. Everything else in Windows 11 is completely fine except the file explorer. Any suggestions?...
  9. File Explorer takes forever to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer takes forever to open: Idk if it's something I've done, but right after updating Windows today the File Explorer takes 20-30s to open when I click it on the taskbar. However if I click a folder on the Desktop it opens immediately. Anyone else having the same problem or knows how to solve it?...
  10. File Explorer - takes forever to open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - takes forever to open: File Explorer has always opened immediately (for 20 odd years). Suddenly it (Quick Access) takes so long that it's just not worth trying to use it (but of course one must). Anyone have any ideas about how Explorer could be affected by a recent update or other event? Or...