Windows 10: File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update

Discus and support File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1903 Update, Now File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open. Once opened, right-clicking files takes 30-60 seconds to respond with the appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by miked2, Aug 22, 2019.

1. miked2 Win User

File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update

1903 Update, Now File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open. Once opened, right-clicking files takes 30-60 seconds to respond with the appropriate pop-up. Selecting properties on the ribbon bar takes 30-60 seconds.
    Other file operations using the ribbon buttons and navigating around folders is fine. Regular file picker pop-ups are fine. Copy/Paste is fine as long as I do not use right click to do it. This was fine until the 1903 update.
    Tried removing the NVIDIA context menu option, per an article - no change. The NVidia software seems to have been updated on the same day as the 1903 update. Related?

:)

miked2, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Deuce642 Win User

windows 10 file explorer opens for a split second then crashes

This problem occurs if I try opening any folder or file explorer itself for example:

• an existing file folder with files in it that is on my desktop,
    • opening the file explorer from the taskbar (I have since unpinned it as this was suggested as a fix in some forums)
    • opening file explorer using the start menu
    • opening file explorer using the windows key + E
    In each case the explorer dialogue box will pop up momentarily then disappear again (perhaps a second or 2 sometimes, other times just a flash.)

So far I have tried:

• ensuring that windows 10 is totally up to date
    • run the sfc scannow - this came up with no error found
    • made sure that the settings for file explorer were set to opening at 'this pc'

I am absolutely out of ideas. Can someone please help?

Deuce642, Aug 22, 2019
  3. DonR_SOC Win User
    File Explorer will not read a specific folder after update to 1903 from 1809.

File Explorer will not read a specific folder after the update to 1903 from 1809.

I open "File Explorer", scroll down to the folder in question, left click on the folder, the contents (files) display for about 2 seconds then the folder closes and "File Explorer" also closes.

I have tried to rename it but get the same results.

I have checked the Property(security) with that of folder close by and it is the same.

I have deleted the original folder and created a new folder but with the same results.

Opening other folders with "File Explorer" is no problem, just this one specific folder.

Any suggestions or a possible fix.

DonR_SOC, Aug 22, 2019
  4. File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update

File Explorer takes 15 to 30 seconds to create "new file"

Original Title: File Explorer

It takes 15 to 30 seconds to create "new file"

G RussellHubbard, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update

1. File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update - Similar Threads - File Explorer takes

2. Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds: Hello, I have regularly, but randomly on my windows file explorer the following behavior: I create a folder, and then I have to wait 30 seconds before the folder is created, and the file explorer gives me the hand. During this time the file explorer is unusable. The 30 second...
  3. Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds: Hello, I have regularly, but randomly on my windows file explorer the following behavior: I create a folder, and then I have to wait 30 seconds before the folder is created, and the file explorer gives me the hand. During this time the file explorer is unusable. The 30 second...
  4. CSGO demora 30 segundos para abrir. CSGO takes 30+ seconds to open.

CSGO demora 30 segundos para abrir. CSGO takes 30+ seconds to open.: Eu usei o windows 11 no inicio de 2022 e percebi que o load no jogo counter strike global offenssive demora muito para abrir, mesmo com uso de ssd/m2 de alta velocidade.Na época fiz todos os testes, atualizei todos os drivers, incluindo da placa gráfica e ainda assim...
  5. Huge Keyboard Input Lag for 30-60 Seconds After Booting

Huge Keyboard Input Lag for 30-60 Seconds After Booting: Hello dear Microsoft communityI have a question regarding the following PC problem.When I start up my computer, I have the problem that my keyboard has a really high input lag of about 5 seconds.This subsides after about 30-60 seconds, but is unfortunately very...
  6. Huge Keyboard Input Lag for 30-60 Seconds After Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge Keyboard Input Lag for 30-60 Seconds After Booting: Hello dear Microsoft communityI have a question regarding the following PC problem.When I start up my computer, I have the problem that my keyboard has a really high input lag of about 5 seconds.This subsides after about 30-60 seconds, but is unfortunately very...
  7. File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder: Hi, as in the title file explorer takes 30'' to create a new folder, is there a solution to this? I have already verified that the disk is not "sleeping" when I create the folder. This happens to me with both ssd and spinning drives, on different pc ( HP and Asus) and also...
  8. No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.: Issue copied from reddit /windows10 as i'm having the same issue.. Hi all, I've had this issue for a while and haven't really bothered to do anything about it till now. Since I upgrade to Win10 some months ago, I've noticed that every time I start or reboot my PC my...
  9. File explorer takes ~5 seconds to open from taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File explorer takes ~5 seconds to open from taskbar: Problem is in the title. File explorer takes 4-5 seconds to open from the taskbar, but opens in about 1 second when I search it in Windows Search. Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 720s 15". All other processes work correctly. Any ideas on this? 108748
  10. 30-60 second black screen with cursor on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    30-60 second black screen with cursor on boot: This has been happening ever since I upgraded to 10 about 2 weeks ago. I start the computer, 3 second ASUS logo, then windows 10 logo comes up and it loads for about 10-20 seconds, then I get a black screen with a cursor for 30-60 seconds, followed by another loading screen...