Windows 10: File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

Discus and support File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, as in the title file explorer takes 30'' to create a new folder, is there a solution to this? I have already verified that the disk is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roy111, Nov 6, 2018.

1. roy111 Win User

File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

Hi,

as in the title file explorer takes 30'' to create a new folder, is there a solution to this?
    I have already verified that the disk is not "sleeping" when I create the folder.
    This happens to me with both ssd and spinning drives, on different pc ( HP and Asus) and also
    with freshly installed systems, this problem i'm having is on windows 10 18.03 fully updated that I installed yesterday

Is this an acknoledge problem?

I would like also to ask if there is a Microsoft site/page whith a list of Windows 10 problems/issues
    so that it is possible to verify for problems and to understand if there is some work in progress to resolve the issues.

Thanks!

:)

roy111, Nov 6, 2018

2. File Explorer takes 15 to 30 seconds to create "new file"

Original Title: File Explorer

It takes 15 to 30 seconds to create "new file"

G RussellHubbard, Nov 6, 2018
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Nov 6, 2018
  4. File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

1. File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder - Similar Threads - File explorer takes

2. Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds: Hello, I have regularly, but randomly on my windows file explorer the following behavior: I create a folder, and then I have to wait 30 seconds before the folder is created, and the file explorer gives me the hand. During this time the file explorer is unusable. The 30 second...
  3. Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds: Hello, I have regularly, but randomly on my windows file explorer the following behavior: I create a folder, and then I have to wait 30 seconds before the folder is created, and the file explorer gives me the hand. During this time the file explorer is unusable. The 30 second...
  4. File Explorer can't create new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer can't create new folder: I have a new laptop which came with Windows 10 Home 2004, during my install/update/clean process it got updated to 20H2. I partitoned the disk and created a Users folder on drive D. At some point since File Explorer stopped creating new folders, right clicking doesn't show...
  5. Creating a new folder takes 25 seconds - network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new folder takes 25 seconds - network issue: I have read a lot of posts and tried a lot of different things to resolve it, but no luck so far. The issue is that when I open File Explorer and try to create a new folder, it hangs for 25+ seconds before the folder appears. It's like the system is searching something in the...
  6. File Explorer - Creating new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Creating new folders: Windows 1909 and before. Issue: When I try to create a new folder in File Explorer I can only type one letter then File Explorer acts like I pressed enter. For example if I Create a try to creater called " File Explorer will only let me create a folder called "j" The work...
  7. File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update: 1903 Update, Now File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open. Once opened, right-clicking files takes 30-60 seconds to respond with the appropriate pop-up. Selecting properties on the ribbon bar takes 30-60 seconds. Other file operations using the ribbon buttons and navigating...
  8. Creating new folder takes time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating new folder takes time: Hi there . I have a problem in my windows (laptop) When i clicked right on an area and put cursor on new (for creating a new folder ) it has about 5 - 10 second to appear the menus !!! and after that i clicked on new folder it has some times for create new folder too . I...
  9. new folder delay 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new folder delay 30 seconds: When I right click and choose 'new folder' it now takes 30 seconds for it to complete that task. It just seems to go dead until it finally gives me the new folder I requested. This started after this last major windows update 2 days ago. I have Windows 10. Thanks for any...
  10. Cannot create New Folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create New Folder in File Explorer: It works fine, but suddenly today the New menu disappeared from my click menu when I click on any blank place in a folder. What's worse, if I click the New Folder button under the File Explorer top menu, there is no response. In the end, I can only create new folders using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clicking on file explorer new folder takes seconds

2. file explorer searching when making new folder