Windows 10: File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

Discus and support File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, as in the title file explorer takes 30'' to create a new folder, is there a solution to this? I have already verified that the disk is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roy111, Nov 6, 2018.

1. roy111 Win User

File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

Hi,

as in the title file explorer takes 30'' to create a new folder, is there a solution to this?
    I have already verified that the disk is not "sleeping" when I create the folder.
    This happens to me with both ssd and spinning drives, on different pc ( HP and Asus) and also
    with freshly installed systems, this problem i'm having is on windows 10 18.03 fully updated that I installed yesterday

Is this an acknoledge problem?

I would like also to ask if there is a Microsoft site/page whith a list of Windows 10 problems/issues
    so that it is possible to verify for problems and to understand if there is some work in progress to resolve the issues.

Thanks!

:)

roy111, Nov 6, 2018
  2. G RussellHubbard Win User

File Explorer takes 15 to 30 seconds to create "new file"

Original Title: File Explorer

It takes 15 to 30 seconds to create "new file"

G RussellHubbard, Nov 6, 2018
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Vanessa Yar Win User

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder - Similar Threads - File explorer takes

2. computer taking 15-30 seconds to complete task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer taking 15-30 seconds to complete task: Everytime I try to click on anything on the computer - it takes 15-30 seconds and will usually show the circle spinning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-taking-15-30-seconds-to-complete-task/0d7558bb-d145-4250-8f96-05431af325ea
  3. Unable to Access Files Unless New Folder Created

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Access Files Unless New Folder Created: Hello. I have been having problems with my file access lately. There are times when I create a folder and place files in the folder. After a while, the files become inaccessible. When I try to access the file, the program opening the file states that I don't have the correct...
  4. Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder: This has been happening recently. I can't say it is or is not related to the Anniversary Update. But when I create a new folder or rename an existing folder, the folder box will freeze for 30-60 seconds. Sometimes it will then function as normal, sometimes it will require me...
  5. Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh after creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh after creating a new folder: It seems this is a fairly common problem. At least for my ~5 different Windows 10 computers, it happens all the time. It's probably easiest to reproduce this problem by navigating any network share folder on Explorer and then creating a new folder. But it happens also on...
  6. Can't create new folder in Windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create new folder in Windows 10 explorer: After a long time without any issues, my Windows 10 PC started to have trouble when creating new folders. Whenever I try to do it in explorer windows, be it through right-clicking or Ctrl+shift+n, the cursor shows its loading animation and explorer crashes. However when doing...
  7. File explorer takes ~5 seconds to open from taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File explorer takes ~5 seconds to open from taskbar: Problem is in the title. File explorer takes 4-5 seconds to open from the taskbar, but opens in about 1 second when I search it in Windows Search. Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 720s 15". All other processes work correctly. Any ideas on this? 108748
  8. Cannot create New Folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create New Folder in File Explorer: It works fine, but suddenly today the New menu disappeared from my click menu when I click on any blank place in a folder. What's worse, if I click the New Folder button under the File Explorer top menu, there is no response. In the end, I can only create new folders using...
  9. create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a

in Windows 10 Support
    create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a: Hi everyone, It seem my windows 10 Home having problem, a simple malfunction which I don't understand why this happening, the problem related to each time I create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't appear until press the F5 key to refresh. Does...
  10. Right click on folder/file 30 second delay + Settings & Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on folder/file 30 second delay + Settings & Task Manager: I have recently installed windows 10, really stuck with this one, everytime I rightclick I feel myself getting a little older. It's not only the right click by the way, windows 10 settings takes just as long to open along with task mamanger. Microsoft Edge has disappeared...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer searching when making new folder