Windows 10: File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

Discus and support File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, as in the title file explorer takes 30'' to create a new folder, is there a solution to this? I have already verified that the disk is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roy111, Nov 6, 2018.

1. roy111 Win User

File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

Hi,

as in the title file explorer takes 30'' to create a new folder, is there a solution to this?
    I have already verified that the disk is not "sleeping" when I create the folder.
    This happens to me with both ssd and spinning drives, on different pc ( HP and Asus) and also
    with freshly installed systems, this problem i'm having is on windows 10 18.03 fully updated that I installed yesterday

Is this an acknoledge problem?

I would like also to ask if there is a Microsoft site/page whith a list of Windows 10 problems/issues
    so that it is possible to verify for problems and to understand if there is some work in progress to resolve the issues.

Thanks!

:)

roy111, Nov 6, 2018

2. File Explorer takes 15 to 30 seconds to create "new file"

Original Title: File Explorer

It takes 15 to 30 seconds to create "new file"

G RussellHubbard, Nov 6, 2018
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Nov 6, 2018
  4. File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clicking on file explorer new folder takes seconds

2. file explorer searching when making new folder