Windows 10: File Explorer takes forever to open

Discus and support File Explorer takes forever to open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Idk if it's something I've done, but right after updating Windows today the File Explorer takes 20-30s to open when I click it on the taskbar. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PauGuri2002, Jul 13, 2020.

1. File Explorer takes forever to open

Idk if it's something I've done, but right after updating Windows today the File Explorer takes 20-30s to open when I click it on the taskbar. However if I click a folder on the Desktop it opens immediately. Anyone else having the same problem or knows how to solve it?

submitted by /u/PauGuri2002
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PauGuri2002, Jul 13, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

File Explorer - takes forever to open

One thing comes to mind... If you have some network link in Quick access (pinned, or in recent folders section), Latest update broke some network connections. In that case Explorer would tkae some time to open..

- check that all of your network connections are online and accessible,
    - or clear them from list.

You can check recent list from right click on Explorer icon in taskbar too.

File Explorer takes forever to open [​IMG]

AndreTen, Jul 13, 2020
  3. swap_kum Win User
    .exe files taking forever to open

I reinstalled Windows 10 1709 and started experiencing a problem - .exe files were taking forever to open. Restarting the system would solve the problem for a few minutes and then again I wouldn't be able to open .exe files.

Sometimes the file explorer hangs up when the .exe is run with Administrator privileges.

Is it a bug or something is wrong with the OS?

swap_kum, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Riaan26 Win User

File Explorer takes forever to open

Downloads Folder takes forever to open - tried everything!

Hallo,My downloads folder takes forever to open, sometimes minutes before it has loaded every item.It is a common problem, and I've googled for answers but none of them seem to help. I've tried to right click on properties, and under customize set to general items, didn't work. I clicked on File Explorer and changed "show or hide" File extensions, but didn't work.Any suggestions?! Thanks!!

Riaan26, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer takes forever to open

1. File Explorer takes forever to open - Similar Threads - File Explorer takes

2. File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it": I have researched this forum and Google and I've done all that has been suggested to try to fix this very annoying issue but nothing worked - Nov 2023It continues to take a very long time to load - "working on it"Windows bug that never got fixedWindows is also up.to.date....
  3. File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it": I have researched this forum and Google and I've done all that has been suggested to try to fix this very annoying issue but nothing worked - Nov 2023It continues to take a very long time to load - "working on it"Windows bug that never got fixedWindows is also up.to.date....
  4. File Explorer takes forever to load - "working on it"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer taking forever to open/close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer taking forever to open/close: Whenever I have a game open my file explorer and task manager take ages to load. When I close it, it goes back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-taking-forever-to-openclose/4ea0c062-5983-4ae8-b4db-a84ff5f99854
  6. File explorer taking forever to open/close

File explorer taking forever to open/close: Whenever I have a game open my file explorer and task manager take ages to load. When I close it, it goes back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-taking-forever-to-openclose/4ea0c062-5983-4ae8-b4db-a84ff5f99854
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load

Windows 11 File Explorer Takes Forever to Load: Ever since I updated to Windows 11, file explorer takes FOREVER to load and when it does right click doesn't work at all inside of it. Everything else in Windows 11 is completely fine except the file explorer. Any suggestions?...
  8. file explorer Take forever to load

file explorer Take forever to load: Hi! It is a little bit difficult to explain my problem but I will try my best. When I try to open any folder on my Desktop it takes almost 2 minutes to do so, but when I got that open I can search and "drive" around with no lag or something like this, If I go to word for...
  9. Is it normal for File Explorer to take forever to pause?

Is it normal for File Explorer to take forever to pause?: I'm backing up files from an unstable hard drive. At some point, the file explorer decided it would take more than a day to transfer a single file, so I decided, why not pause it and then unpause to see if it goes faster? Well, it's been pausing for hours now. So I'm worse...
  10. File Explorer - takes forever to open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - takes forever to open: File Explorer has always opened immediately (for 20 odd years). Suddenly it (Quick Access) takes so long that it's just not worth trying to use it (but of course one must). Anyone have any ideas about how Explorer could be affected by a recent update or other event? Or...