Windows 10: File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

Discus and support File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey All!A Friend Of Mine Was Trying To Install Windows Terminal Alacrity Or Something but when he started it, he got a error telling him he doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AdityaRajMishra, Nov 29, 2022.

1. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

Hey All!A Friend Of Mine Was Trying To Install Windows Terminal Alacrity Or Something but when he started it, he got a error telling him he doesn't have vclibs or something installed, so somebody online told him to install Visual C++ Redistributables From Here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022.That Didn't Fix The Issue, Somehow My Friend Found This Link: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/visualstudio/cpp/libraries/c-runtime-packages-desktop-bridge and he installed "Microsoft.VC

:)

AdityaRajMishra, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

Welcome to TenForums @clsven

First, pin File Explorer to the task bar. You can then click and drag a folder (such as Videos) and drop it on the File Explorer icon to pin it to File Explorer. The list of pinned folders can be accessed by right-clicking on the File Explorer icon. Select a folder from the list and you will open File Explorer at that folder. This is the same list of pinned folders that you will see in File Explorer's Quick Access.

File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory [​IMG]

3. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, Nov 29, 2022
  4. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

Extremely poor File Explorer performance with Windows 10 1903 when accessing remote mounted encrypted directory

From what I gather the process of accessing remote encrypted files:

1. Copy the encrypted object over (i.e. opening in Excel) in the background
    2. Verify you have the proper permission and key for decoding the file
    3. Decode the file for use in app
    Opening an encrypted remote file (about 300K) in Excel (already running) via the File Explorer takes a significant long time (in my setup over GigE is about 15-16 seconds) while getting a "Downloading..." message.

So I tried a slightly different approach by writing a script to copy the file over to a local directory in command line and dropping it into Excel when it appears locally. The copy is less than one second and the file opens as fast as I drag it into Excel
    from the local directory. It appears that File Explorer is doing lots of extra work during that long wait time (about 30% of CPU usage on a 2 core 4 thread (i5-4250U, 16G) machine.

The handling of remote files that are encrypted appears to be going through lots of unnecessary steps. The remote directory is a Windows 10 Pro encrypted directory mounted using File Explorer. This was never an issue under Win 7. But under WIn 10 the
    handling of mounted encrypted files is becoming extremely poor.

RichardMS2018, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

1. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory - Similar Threads - File Explorer Takes

2. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  3. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  4. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory: Hey All!A Friend Of Mine Was Trying To Install Windows Terminal Alacrity Or Something but when he started it, he got a error telling him he doesn't have vclibs or something installed, so somebody online told him to install Visual C++ Redistributables From Here:...
  6. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory: Hey All!A Friend Of Mine Was Trying To Install Windows Terminal Alacrity Or Something but when he started it, he got a error telling him he doesn't have vclibs or something installed, so somebody online told him to install Visual C++ Redistributables From Here:...
  7. "Audio" taking too long to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Audio" taking too long to open: [ATTACH] Every time I need to open this, it takes too long to open and I don't have idea of how I can solve this. Do you guys know anything about this? https://preview.redd.it/hj5di3k4gid61.png?width=1307&format=png&auto=webp&s=19fdbfe216eb8604aeeed9a74d543bf91bde758a...
  8. sign in screen taking too long to open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in screen taking too long to open: HELLO SIR my sign in screen taking too long to appear for password page after latest windows 10 update. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-screen-taking-too-long-to-open/efb1bfc4-88ce-4640-8d13-426ad5186578
  9. Opening a New Folder takes too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a New Folder takes too long: Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it takes about 15 seconds to open a New Folder on the Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-a-new-folder-takes-too-long/a760502b-d040-4d47-8c50-e60313f26ee7"
  10. Screen shot takes too long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen shot takes too long to open: I had contacted your support through chat,and the agent Wasim,was trying to figure out the problems,when he put my laptop on re-start mode,and we lost each other mid way.Neither was any attempt made from him to either call or email me.Now, this is a new laptop,and am very...