Windows 10: File Explorer - Thumbnail Sizes at high resolution/high zoom on large monitor

Discus and support File Explorer - Thumbnail Sizes at high resolution/high zoom on large monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I run Windows 10 on my 75" living room TV. My resolution is 3840x2160 at 300% zoom with an NVIDIA GTX 1050ti, HDMI. It looks great with 95%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GinaB-AZ, Apr 10, 2021.

1. GinaB-AZ Win User

File Explorer - Thumbnail Sizes at high resolution/high zoom on large monitor

Hello,

I run Windows 10 on my 75" living room TV. My resolution is 3840x2160 at 300% zoom with an NVIDIA GTX 1050ti, HDMI. It looks great with 95% of the apps I use. However, when viewing photo/image thumbnails in the File Explorer they appear very small even if I have "Extra Large" size selected. "Extra Large" size appears as large as "Large" size, just with more white space around it. The scaling is off, as if the icons don't take into account the "zoom" level. The thumbnail icons are too small to see them well.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,

Gina

:)

GinaB-AZ, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Nazumo Win User

thumbnail and icon disappeared when change view size

im sure my resolution of my monitor can handle it cuz it just happened for 3-4 months and when change back to large size it show thumbnails but in low resolution and then ichange to extra size and change back to large size it become high resolution and
    then refresh[F5] it disappeared

Nazumo, Apr 10, 2021
  3. thumbnail size

Windows file explorer will not allow me to view my files as extra large thumbnails. I do have thumbnails but when I click on "extra large icons" the thumbnails remain the same size, but become more widely spaced.

XxgoldfishxX982, Apr 10, 2021
  4. File Explorer - Thumbnail Sizes at high resolution/high zoom on large monitor

Sanyo TV as Monitor - Resolution options not High Enough (Windows 10)

When I upgraded my PC to Windows 10, the screen seemed to be zoomed in. I can no longer see my task bar or the borders of my screen. I tried to max out my resolution but it doesn't seem to go high enough. Is there a way to zoom out my main screen?
    I run a 32 inch Sanyo LCD TV (HD) as my monitor.

JamesVaughan_NS, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer - Thumbnail Sizes at high resolution/high zoom on large monitor

1. File Explorer - Thumbnail Sizes at high resolution/high zoom on large monitor - Similar Threads - File Explorer Thumbnail

2. File explorer high ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer high ram usage: Is there any possible way to reduce file explorer high ram usage, because each time i open a file or anything the file explorer will consume more and more ram and it wont drop, unless i restart the file explorer task?...
  3. File explorer high ram usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer high ram usage: Is there any possible way to reduce file explorer high ram usage, because each time i open a file or anything the file explorer will consume more and more ram and it wont drop, unless i restart the file explorer task?...
  4. Youtube zoomed in/font size large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube zoomed in/font size large: Hello! i am in desperate need of help, its been like this for almost a year and i asked for help before but nothing. its just youtube zoomed in like this and ctrl - does not make it look any better...
  5. Youtube zoomed in/font size large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube zoomed in/font size large: Hello! i am in desperate need of help, its been like this for almost a year and i asked for help before but nothing. its just youtube zoomed in like this and ctrl - does not make it look any better...
  6. high memory usage by file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high memory usage by file explorer: file explorer is taking 3300mb ram for no reason, normally it takes 60mbs, but 3gb is a lot, i normally play minecraft at 500fps, now whenever file explorer takes 3gb ram it goes to 20, thats literally in any game not just minecraft, but file explorer doesnt take any memory...
  7. Windows Explorer High CPU / Slow to display thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer High CPU / Slow to display thumbnails: Since I installed the May 2020 upgrade on Saturday night, Windows Explorer has gone to about 65% CPU usage when I add files to a admittedly large ~ 85k files directory on an external USB3 drive. Most of these files are images jpg with a few mp4s included. Sometimes I can...
  8. Max File Explorer Thumbnail Image Size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Max File Explorer Thumbnail Image Size?: [ATTACH] While set to \"Extra Large Icons\", the Thumbnail size remains the same as \"Large Icons\" while spacing simply grows I have performed the following: Did the obvious File Explorer->View Ribbon->Extra Large Icons but all it does is change the size of spacing...
  9. Restore File Explorer Default Thumbnail size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore File Explorer Default Thumbnail size: Hello, I am using Win10pro v1803 bld 17134.407 All my picture thumbnails in explorer are converting to square format from the very nice original aspect ratio. This may have started with my recent system updates a few days ago. Can I put them back to the...
  10. No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails: I used to be able to Control scroll with the mouse wheel to expand the thumbnail (icon) size to "Extra Large Icons". Now large and extra large produces the same size thumbnail, but with extra large there is more space between each. How can fix this so the thumbnail actually...