Windows 10: File explorer tile view issue in Windows 11 22H2

Discus and support File explorer tile view issue in Windows 11 22H2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when I open the folder containing my songs collection, it takes a long time to open and load the mp3, the file explorer is stuck. It happens only when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chirath Mathisha, Sep 26, 2022.

1. File explorer tile view issue in Windows 11 22H2

when I open the folder containing my songs collection, it takes a long time to open and load the mp3, the file explorer is stuck. It happens only when view as "Tiles" is set in that folder. When set it to view as "Medium icons, Large icons, Extra large icons, Small icons, List, Details content", it does not slow down. Please help me to resolve this.Windows 11 21H2 did not have this issue. This issue came after upgrading to Win 11 22H2Please see the reference video from below link.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uE5T02vs7xYWjCoUFH0834b2k05SE9mU/view?usp=sharing

:)

Chirath Mathisha, Sep 26, 2022

2. How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

File explorer tile view issue in Windows 11 22H2

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

File explorer tile view issue in Windows 11 22H2

1. File explorer tile view issue in Windows 11 22H2 - Similar Threads - File explorer tile

2. Windows 11: File explorer stuck in CONTENT view and i cant revert to TILES view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: File explorer stuck in CONTENT view and i cant revert to TILES view: Hello, around a week ago my file explorer home screen changed the view from TILES to CONTENT even tho the view window still showed it as TILES, restarting file explorer several times or restarting the file explorer in task manager didnt help, updating the system, reverting...
  3. Windows 11: File explorer stuck in CONTENT view and i cant revert to TILES view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: File explorer stuck in CONTENT view and i cant revert to TILES view: Hello, around a week ago my file explorer home screen changed the view from TILES to CONTENT even tho the view window still showed it as TILES, restarting file explorer several times or restarting the file explorer in task manager didnt help, updating the system, reverting...
  4. Has The File Explorer Tile View Been Fixed?

Has The File Explorer Tile View Been Fixed?: has Microsoft fixxed the missing Tile View sense 23H2 in File Explorer yet? like what was was asked here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-windows-11-23h2-upgrade-the-tile-view-no/f4bbf2f1-3166-4c59-85ea-8d3cf9f35498as i am not going to update...
  5. Has The File Explorer Tile View Been Fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has The File Explorer Tile View Been Fixed?: has Microsoft fixxed the missing Tile View sense 23H2 in File Explorer yet? like what was was asked here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-windows-11-23h2-upgrade-the-tile-view-no/f4bbf2f1-3166-4c59-85ea-8d3cf9f35498as i am not going to update...
  6. Windows Explorer issues in Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer issues in Windows 11 22H2: I recently updated to Windows 11 22H2. Since the tabs have appeared in File Explorer, it has been failing to load much of the information that usually appears in the sidebar down the left hand side. This includes:WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux filesystemsQuick Access...
  7. Windows Explorer issues in Windows 11 22H2

Windows Explorer issues in Windows 11 22H2: I recently updated to Windows 11 22H2. Since the tabs have appeared in File Explorer, it has been failing to load much of the information that usually appears in the sidebar down the left hand side. This includes:WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux filesystemsQuick Access...
  8. File explorer tile view issue in Windows 11 22H2

File explorer tile view issue in Windows 11 22H2: when I open the folder containing my songs collection, it takes a long time to open and load the mp3, the file explorer is stuck. It happens only when view as "Tiles" is set in that folder. When set it to view as "Medium icons, Large icons, Extra large icons, Small icons,...
  9. File Explorer>View>Sort By Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer>View>Sort By Issues: The drop down list in File Explorer>View>Sort doesn't work in every folder! This happened after my "Windows 10, version 1903" update. Before that, it was fine. Does anyone have a solution?...
  10. Color of Drive Space Gauges on Tiled view of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color of Drive Space Gauges on Tiled view of File Explorer: Is there a way I can change the color of the "almost full" drive space gauges in tile view of File Explorer to be the same blue (or even a slightly different blue) when Windows decides my space is low? The red is so annoying to me that I"m likely going to turn off tiles in...