Windows 10: File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct.

Discus and support File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The timestamp on my docs is wrong, though my PC has the right time. How do I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lynnb1962, Aug 28, 2022.

1. lynnb1962 Win User

File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct.

The timestamp on my docs is wrong, though my PC has the right time. How do I fix it?

:)

lynnb1962, Aug 28, 2022

2. Change Folder's Time Stamp

What are some examples that it would be beneficial to change timestamps of files and folders? For files/folders, you can simply change the ascending/descending order by simply using the explorer extension tree built into explorer already:

File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct. [​IMG]

I don't understand why a shell extension is necessary at all because if the order cant be changed by way of my screenshot, then all you have to do is add or subtract something to a file/folder and save it again in order for explorer to reset its position in a list.

EyeInTheSky, Aug 28, 2022
  3. SongeCake Win User
    Wrong time stamp on received text message

I know this this thread is a few months old and there are quite a few other similar ones on the net, so I want to add this in case it helps anyone. It is relevant to many newer Nokia phones, including the Nokia X6.

To sort out the time-stamp issue (it seems obvious at first but the last bit is really crucial):

Select the 'Clock' > Options > Settings > Time Zone and change it to your local zone. This will render the message that as a consequence automatic time update will be switched off. Click to accept and continue.

Note that the phone's clock will have changed from what was previously the correct time for your location to something representing the correct time plus the erroneous time difference on your email time-stamps. Change the phone's 'Time' setting back to
    the correct time for your location.

Then change the 'Time Zone' back to 'Local Time'. You will be asked if you are travelling - state 'No', so that the phone understands you are correcting an error not just moving zones physically.

Go into 'Automatic Time Update' and switch it back on.

The issue seems to have been that the 'local time' was set to GMT -5 by default. The last two steps above redefine local time from the GMT -5 default to your own time-zone, and allow automatic time updates to be retained with the correct settings.

In short, it appears that 'Local Time' is not just another option to selecting a specific time-zone, but a variable containing one of the listed zones (which can be redefined as above) that allows automatic updates to said zone.

Once all done, try sending an email. If you have followed the above exactly, the time-stamp on it should be correct.

Good luck File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct. :)

SongeCake, Aug 28, 2022
  4. jw93---01 Win User

C3 Wrong Text Message Time Stamp

All the texts in my inbox have the wrong time stamp, so that they're all an hour earlier than the correct time i.e. if i get a message at 3pm, the time stamp says 2pm. I've read about this happening and the solution seems to be related to the time zone setting,
    but I can't see anywhere to change it. This may sound insignificant, but it's so annoying! Thanks

jw93---01, Aug 28, 2022
Thema:

1. File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct. - Similar Threads - File explorer stamp

2. File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct.: The timestamp on my docs is wrong, though my PC has the right time. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-time-stamp-for-files-is-wrong-though/e757c306-1883-49f2-b798-84b2da2e4638
  3. File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer time stamp for files is wrong, though the time on pc is correct.: The timestamp on my docs is wrong, though my PC has the right time. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-time-stamp-for-files-is-wrong-though/e757c306-1883-49f2-b798-84b2da2e4638
  4. Search files with en exact time stamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search files with en exact time stamp: Hi, I have taken photos every minute over a construction work over a long period and have them sorted per year, month and day on my hard drive. I'm thinking of doing a timelapse and want to pick out every file in each folder taken exact at 12.00 each day. How am I doing that,...
  5. Search files with en exact time stamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search files with en exact time stamp: Hi, I have taken photos every minute over a construction work over a long period and have them sorted per year, month and day on my hard drive. I'm thinking of doing a timelapse and want to pick out every file in each folder taken exact at 12.00 each day. How am I doing that,...
  6. External HDD time/date stamp is wrong in Win10, correct in Win8

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD time/date stamp is wrong in Win10, correct in Win8: I've been running into an unusual problem. I have an external hard drive that I use to store my photos. When I copy them to the disk, the time gets offset by -7 hours. So for example an image file created at 11am will show 4am on the external hard drive. However, when I check...
  7. time stamp in jpg picture files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    time stamp in jpg picture files: "Windows Photo Gallery" allowed the time in "date taken" to be modified. Unfortunately, Windows Photo Gallery hasn't been available since 2017. "Windows Photos" is the replacement for Windows Photo Gallery, but Windows Photos doesn't have the capability to change the time...
  8. How to change the format for file time stamps

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the format for file time stamps: Googling yielded only how to change the date itself. That is not what I want. I want theformat changed. Currently, file time stamp dates display as 2020-4-16. I want it to show as 16-04-2020 or 04-16-2020. The year is useless to me in the grand scheme of things. Going into...
  9. Time displayed is wrong even though time zone is correct.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Time displayed is wrong even though time zone is correct.: So I bought the HP Pavilion, and the time is just fucked up. I am certain I selected the correct time zone, but the time is wrong. I've tried to just manually set the time, but whenever I shut the laptop down and turn it on again, the time would refuck itself. I've even tried...
  10. Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong: The automatic time zone in Vilnius, Lithuania is UTC +3 hrs. This is accurate during daylight savings time. However, the time displayed on the clock is wrong. Interestingly, Windows is not the only source that gets this wrong. The website Time Difference lists the time as...