Windows 10: File Explorer title bar returned to old one

Discus and support File Explorer title bar returned to old one in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just updated my PC to the new 2022 Windows 11 update and now, for some reason, my File Explorer's title bar is no longer nice and transparent, like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by who.is.artis, Sep 30, 2022.

1. File Explorer title bar returned to old one

I just updated my PC to the new 2022 Windows 11 update and now, for some reason, my File Explorer's title bar is no longer nice and transparent, like the settings window for example, but instead has returned to the accent colored, fully opaque title bar like in Windows 10. It's not supposed to be that way right? How can I fix it?

:)

who.is.artis, Sep 30, 2022

2. Pin File Explorer to Taskbar

I have gone through all of the recommended steps for pinning File Explorer to the task bar and nothing works. Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

[Original Title: File Explorer]

TammyGray1006, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Cannot interact with title bars in Explorer on first logon

Thank you Roger,

I performed the steps you suggested. It did not help. When a new user logs in, title bars in file explorer are unresponsive.

I did a little bit more testing...

It seems to only be a problem when the PC is attached to a domain. I removed the PC from the domain and signed on with another NEW local user account, and the title bar responds normally.

I then rejoined to my domain and placed the PC in an OU that does not get ANY Group Policy settings. Logged on with ANOTHER new user, and the title bar responds normally.

I then moved the PC to an OU that DOES get Group policy settings applied. And the issue returned. I attached a screenshot below. Notice the blank space above "File", "Home", "Share", and "View". That space shouldn't be there. The "Close", "Minimize", and
    "Maximize" buttons are unresponsive, and the window can't be dragged. It acts as though I am clicking outside of the window(it removes focus from the explorer window).

File Explorer title bar returned to old one 140de963-3be9-4ecc-a8d2-5b1bdd9f7778?upload=true.png

Do you know of any group policy settings that would cause this bug?

RyanIsabelle1, Sep 30, 2022
  4. HenkMS Win User

File Explorer title bar returned to old one

Explorer title bar text color too bright grey

Hi Loraine, thanks for your answer.

The High contrast settings are changing all colours in a direction that I do not like at all.

It's for business and I try to stay more or less close to the Windows 7 settings.

The result with the original too bright title bars is:

File Explorer title bar returned to old one b056ee74-209f-49de-b837-c7ae99c3feac.jpg

After setting the AccentColorInactive to b8b4b0 (BGR), the result is:

File Explorer title bar returned to old one 4ccf92f8-7e22-4c14-af6a-ab23c8aea1b6.jpg

Now you can now see 2 problems that I have:

• The File Explorer title bar gets a poor text contrast, while the Notepad title bar is OK. This is related to the presence of buttons in the File Explorer title bar.

The text colour in the File Explorer title bar is the same as without the grey background.

In the Notepad window the text colour gets darker than the original color.

The addition of colors seems to happen in a different way.
    • The Windows 10 Settings window has a blue title bar when active and a still a white title bar when inactive.

The AccentColorInactive parameter does not set that color.
    It would be nice if Microsoft could improve the colour experience.

Just an additional button "Show color on inactive title bar".

HenkMS, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer title bar returned to old one

1. File Explorer title bar returned to old one - Similar Threads - File Explorer title

2. Need File explorer to return ONLY the files whose title contains the keyword

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need File explorer to return ONLY the files whose title contains the keyword: My file explorer now returns all files in the folder and only highlights the seach box keyword if in the title, but i have to scroll through all the files to find those highlighted. Could be thousands of files that do not match search How can I get it to return ONLY the files...
  3. Need File explorer to return ONLY the files whose title contains the keyword

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need File explorer to return ONLY the files whose title contains the keyword: My file explorer now returns all files in the folder and only highlights the seach box keyword if in the title, but i have to scroll through all the files to find those highlighted. Could be thousands of files that do not match search How can I get it to return ONLY the files...
  4. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  5. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  6. File Explorer title bar returned to old one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer title bar returned to old one: I just updated my PC to the new 2022 Windows 11 update and now, for some reason, my File Explorer's title bar is no longer nice and transparent, like the settings window for example, but instead has returned to the accent colored, fully opaque title bar like in Windows 10....
  7. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File path in file explorer moved to title bar: By the way, I don't know if this in the correct category, but I assume this is personalization related. In file explorer, the file path used to appear on top of all the files, under the options bar on top, and I was able to click on the files in the path to go to them....
  8. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

File path in file explorer moved to title bar: By the way, I don't know if this in the correct category, but I assume this is personalization related. In file explorer, the file path used to appear on top of all the files, under the options bar on top, and I was able to click on the files in the path to go to them....
  9. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing: Hi all, A Client of mine had a strange occurrence in Windows 10 Enterprise x64. their file explorer, once maximized looses its tabs, ribbon and title bar. Has anyone come across this issue? Restarting explorer.exe did not fix the issue. I had the client reboot and it was...