Windows 10: File explorer top bar not expanded

Discus and support File explorer top bar not expanded in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] Hi! Recently the top of my file explorer has started looking like this Do you have any help? (It's even white when I have the black theme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Infinite_Bison_8014, Apr 9, 2021.

1. File explorer top bar not expanded

/u/Infinite_Bison_8014, Apr 9, 2021
  2. illimay Win User

How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

Thanks for an alternative suggestion.

File explorer top bar not expanded [​IMG]

I don't know what happened... but the list got longer for some reason. I didn't do anything special... but it just got longer

illimay, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Deluneth Win User
    Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Apr 9, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

File explorer top bar not expanded

How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

You could consider managing recent lists a different way- using a 3rd party program such as Listary (free/commercial) or Actual Window Manager or 1 of its cheaper derivatives (not free).

These offer a lot more flexibility and accessibility in many more situations (think - every open/save dialogue e.g.

Actual Window Manager - title bar buttons. One is recent folders, another is favourites.
    There's Wordpad and file explorer.
    Clicking the button opens a list of recent folders.

There's just one function of Listary - middle click button, file explorer. It does more.

dalchina, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

File explorer top bar not expanded

1. File explorer top bar not expanded - Similar Threads - File explorer top

2. The top bar of latest File Explorer doesn't show the text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The top bar of latest File Explorer doesn't show the text: The new version of File Explorer has a larger generalization in the top bar that doesn't show text.System is Windows 11 v23H2, build 22631.2500.Here is some shots....
  3. The top bar of latest File Explorer doesn't show the text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The top bar of latest File Explorer doesn't show the text: The new version of File Explorer has a larger generalization in the top bar that doesn't show text.System is Windows 11 v23H2, build 22631.2500.Here is some shots....
  4. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  5. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  6. File explorer 11 have a gray bar at top.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer 11 have a gray bar at top.: You can see the grey bar and white bar. The white bar may look a whole white, but it is fragmented by the menu task of file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-11-have-a-gray-bar-at-top/a78939f9-843b-4958-95b2-9c1508dd747c
  7. File explorer 11 have a gray bar at top.

File explorer 11 have a gray bar at top.: You can see the grey bar and white bar. The white bar may look a whole white, but it is fragmented by the menu task of file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-11-have-a-gray-bar-at-top/a78939f9-843b-4958-95b2-9c1508dd747c
  8. Top Bar / ribbon not showing windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Top Bar / ribbon not showing windows 10 file explorer: as you can see the top bar isn't showing.Any way to fix quick please answerthanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-bar-ribbon-not-showing-windows-10-file/62cb875b-ec88-4d4c-9013-15e38dd5f2db
  9. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...
  10. Expanding C: drive with File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Expanding C: drive with File Explorer: I need to replace the personal.xlsb file to my Excel XLSTART folder on my C: Drive but I do not seem to bore down to XLSTART using file explorer. If I go to this pc and choose C: then Users, then my user name I get only such things a Documents, Favorites, One Drive, etc. I...