Windows 10: File Explorer Tree Structure changed

Discus and support File Explorer Tree Structure changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows was set up badly and I was trying to make my User desktop be my laptop desktop. I changed the location of my user Desktop to C: and now My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ptjase, Jul 18, 2020.

1. ptjase Win User

File Explorer Tree Structure changed

My Windows was set up badly and I was trying to make my User desktop be my laptop desktop.
    I changed the location of my user Desktop to C:
    and now My file explorer structure looks like this:

File Explorer Tree Structure changed [​IMG]

how do i get it back to normal with "This PC" at the top of the tree

:)

ptjase, Jul 18, 2020

2. Can we get Quick Access with a tree structure?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to let you know that we cannot get Quick Access in a tree structure. This design is by default however, you can always provide your feedback/suggestion in the feedback app.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 18, 2020
  3. how to display entire tree in windows 10 file explorer folder pane WHEN THERE IS NO NUMBER KEYPAD

Hi Ali,

The navigation pane in File Explorer may not be set to show all folders and libraries that's why it doesn't show the entire tree when you expand it. It also possible that some files, folder, and drives may also be hidden that's why you're unable to see it
    when you expand a specific folder. To address this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Click View from the Main Menu.
    3. Click Options > Change folder and search options.
    4. Click the View tab, then under Advanced settings list, tick or check the following items:
      • Files and Folders > Hidden files and folders
        • Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
      • Navigation pane
        • Expand to open folder
        • Show all folders
        • Show libraries
    5. Click Apply, then OK.
    6. Close and relaunch the File Explorer and see if the entire folder pane tree will show when you expand it.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the performing the steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 18, 2020
  4. ZenMasta Win User

organize file explorer/keep trees collapsed

Is it possible to customize file explorer and change the order in which file trees appear?

Also is it possible to force certain trees to always remain collapsed?

Quick access is nice and this is useful most of the time, but between Quick Access, OneDrive, This PC, Network there are a lot of options that will force you to scroll quite a long ways.

I think if I could start with everything collapsed that would solve all of my problems.

If you can't start with everything collapsed, is it possible to move certain objects to the bottom? I do use one drive, but in my day to day it's not needed so I'd rather have it at the bottom of the list.

Or if I could set "This PC" as the start page for file explorer, and then create a divider below devices and drives for Quick access, that would be perfect for me.

ZenMasta, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer Tree Structure changed - Similar Threads - File Explorer Tree

2. change default file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    change default file explorer?: Recently I found and installed an app called Files UWP and while I like it very much, I can't find any way to make it my default file explorer submitted by /u/KibSquib47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh2stm/change_default_file_explorer/
  3. File exporer tree disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    File exporer tree disappeared: Hi all, new user here. Just one little problem. I just installed version 2004. Everything is working fine except that I have no explorer tree on the left side of my Quick Access window. I've tried everything I can think of to get it back but nothing works. There are 2 other...
  4. Windows 10 filing structure

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 filing structure: Can someone please explain the relationship between the various places from which photos may be accessed, eg This PC/Pictures or C/Users/John/Pictures? It seems to me that the contents of each are not identical. 158196
  5. File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree: I have seen discussions on this over many years. In the past this issue used to be caused by personalisation settings for example, when background was set to slide show, or colour was set to pick accent colour from my background. In the past I have used those fixes and...
  6. File Explorer, changing theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer, changing theme: I want to change a theme to light one in the File Explorer. Currently I have black background and while text on it. Can I change it to the white background with black text on it?...
  7. File explorer change

File explorer change: In Win 10, if I am viewing a folder in file explorer, and I open control panel or insert a flash drive, the folder I am viewing is displaced rather than a new folder window opening....
  8. File Tree structure - Document moves from Old OS to Win 10

File Tree structure - Document moves from Old OS to Win 10: If I delete Word docs in one directory, they disappear from another. If I restore them from recycle bin, they restore to both. Ultimately, I'd like to delete the archaic Windows7 subdirectory which was original with the machine, and rely on docs moved to a directory above....
  9. Change File Explorer Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change File Explorer Background: Hi all, I just recently upgraded my version of Windows 10 to 1809, where Microsoft introduced the dark theme for File Explorer. I'm gonna be honest, it looks terrible. I might be just not used to it, but I want it back to the white background. I'm aware I can change the...
  10. File tree confusion

File tree confusion: I'm using Windows 10. Trying to understand OneDrive and how to find documents in various locations. There's "OneDrive - Personal" where some files get stored, apparently, but that doesn't show up when I click on File Explorer on my desktop computer. Instead I see three major...