Windows 10: File Explorer Tree Structure changed

Discus and support File Explorer Tree Structure changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows was set up badly and I was trying to make my User desktop be my laptop desktop. I changed the location of my user Desktop to C: and now My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ptjase, Jul 18, 2020.

1. ptjase Win User

File Explorer Tree Structure changed

My Windows was set up badly and I was trying to make my User desktop be my laptop desktop.
    I changed the location of my user Desktop to C:
    and now My file explorer structure looks like this:

File Explorer Tree Structure changed [​IMG]

how do i get it back to normal with "This PC" at the top of the tree

:)

ptjase, Jul 18, 2020

2. Can we get Quick Access with a tree structure?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to let you know that we cannot get Quick Access in a tree structure. This design is by default however, you can always provide your feedback/suggestion in the feedback app.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 18, 2020
  3. how to display entire tree in windows 10 file explorer folder pane WHEN THERE IS NO NUMBER KEYPAD

Hi Ali,

The navigation pane in File Explorer may not be set to show all folders and libraries that's why it doesn't show the entire tree when you expand it. It also possible that some files, folder, and drives may also be hidden that's why you're unable to see it
    when you expand a specific folder. To address this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Click View from the Main Menu.
    3. Click Options > Change folder and search options.
    4. Click the View tab, then under Advanced settings list, tick or check the following items:
      • Files and Folders > Hidden files and folders
        • Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
      • Navigation pane
        • Expand to open folder
        • Show all folders
        • Show libraries
    5. Click Apply, then OK.
    6. Close and relaunch the File Explorer and see if the entire folder pane tree will show when you expand it.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the performing the steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 18, 2020
  4. ZenMasta Win User

organize file explorer/keep trees collapsed

Is it possible to customize file explorer and change the order in which file trees appear?

Also is it possible to force certain trees to always remain collapsed?

Quick access is nice and this is useful most of the time, but between Quick Access, OneDrive, This PC, Network there are a lot of options that will force you to scroll quite a long ways.

I think if I could start with everything collapsed that would solve all of my problems.

If you can't start with everything collapsed, is it possible to move certain objects to the bottom? I do use one drive, but in my day to day it's not needed so I'd rather have it at the bottom of the list.

Or if I could set "This PC" as the start page for file explorer, and then create a divider below devices and drives for Quick access, that would be perfect for me.

ZenMasta, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer Tree Structure changed - Similar Threads - File Explorer Tree

2. Windows 11 file explorer file tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer file tree: Windows 11 file explorer file tree. I have found that MS is using One Drive as the default location to save files. Although this is good for MS business, I do not want to default save files to One Drive. This is creating an issue with how I access folders and files in 'File...
  3. Windows 11 file explorer file tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer file tree: Windows 11 file explorer file tree. I have found that MS is using One Drive as the default location to save files. Although this is good for MS business, I do not want to default save files to One Drive. This is creating an issue with how I access folders and files in 'File...
  4. File Structure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Structure: Evidently, I am not alone in trying to understand Windows 11 file structure. I have OneDrive for Cloud storage. Took me a while to realize that "myname-Personal" file was the OneCloud file. I'm OK with this now for OneCloud, but I am thoroughly confused about the file...
  5. File explorer - display all elements in tree

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer - display all elements in tree: So I have a lot of subfolders in a folder and I would like to get all elements inside the main folder. I checked on the microsoft community thread here but using num lock and * doesn't work submitted by /u/Marethju [link] [comments]...
  6. Tree menu in file explorer has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tree menu in file explorer has disappeared: Where did the tree menu go--the one that shows all the folders like downloads, documents, music, etc, so you can easily navigate between more than one. I have tried to change the view in options, but it is still gone. I did not change anything. Yesterday, it was there,...
  7. Branching Tree in File Explorer Vanished After Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Branching Tree in File Explorer Vanished After Update: Windows 10 updated itself last night when I shut down my laptop, and now this morning in version 1909, the Windows File Explorer display is behaving differently. It used to show me a branching tree, like an outline, with folders, sub-folders, and sub-sub-folders, etc. all...
  8. File Explorer and W10 file structure

File Explorer and W10 file structure: I am the sole user of a W10 PC and find the basic file structure used in W10 totally confusing. It seems impossible to get information about what is nested under what and how the parts are interacting to understand how the hierarchy is built up. Trying to re/organize my...
  9. file tree

file tree: Hello While working with back-up there has been encountered a lot of stress. Is there any ways and means to find a simple basic explanation how windows does display the files in the Graphical User Interface . Thank you....
  10. File Tree structure - Document moves from Old OS to Win 10

File Tree structure - Document moves from Old OS to Win 10: If I delete Word docs in one directory, they disappear from another. If I restore them from recycle bin, they restore to both. Ultimately, I'd like to delete the archaic Windows7 subdirectory which was original with the machine, and rely on docs moved to a directory above....