Windows 10: File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser

Discus and support File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I attempt to access the file explorer from an internet browser (any) it freezes. An example includes attaching an email. I can still drag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ryanfritch, Feb 16, 2019.

1. File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser

Whenever I attempt to access the file explorer from an internet browser (any) it freezes. An example includes attaching an email. I can still drag files from the file explorer for upload into an email. It seems there is a communication issue between the internet browser and file explorer.

:)

ryanfritch, Feb 16, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 16, 2019
  4. File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser

how to set Internet Explorer as default browser in Windows 10

Hi George,

As you want to set Internet Explorer as the default browser, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, under Web browser, click on Microsoft edge and select
      Internet Explorer.
    • Restart the system and check.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser

1. File Explorer trouble with Internet Browser - Similar Threads - File Explorer trouble

2. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  3. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  4. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. internet explorer vs edge browser netflix

in Browsers and Email
    internet explorer vs edge browser netflix: i just played a movie which had bitrate of 5083 on internet explorer while same has 2083 bitrate only on edge browser is there any setting fault on edge? 166217
  6. Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar: I accidentally installed opera (along with 2 other programs, now uninstalled) and I can’t delete it. Every time I click uninstall it asks if I will allow opera to make changes to the device, but no matter what I click it doesn’t uninstall. It does this every time I try to...
  7. Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer: how do i uninstall Edge web browser and install internet explorer again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-edge-web-browser-to-internet-explorer/2e529a22-2ed9-4c11-87f4-e74bd54a486c
  8. Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1: Suggest steps to install Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-browser-on-xfinity-x1/6e803994-1ac3-4641-b9fc-13b45dba9330
  9. Internet Explorer as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer as default browser: Hey, help me to set Internet Explorer as default browser. I want to switch from Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-as-default-browser/0eab58b2-1e88-4b7f-a9f0-bbbc436fd1d9
  10. Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.: CCleaner always detects 1-2GB files to be cleaned from IE. I don't use IE, Edge occasionally so what are these files? Are they possibly Windows update files? 89384