Windows 10: File Explorer: Unhide files not working

Discus and support File Explorer: Unhide files not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In my music folders, there are files that are not being displayed. How do I get them to display? Please note that hidden files is in fact set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enso, Feb 11, 2019.

1. enso Win User

File Explorer: Unhide files not working

In my music folders, there are files that are not being displayed. How do I get them to display?

Please note that hidden files is in fact set to display.

:)

2. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

Open 'OneDrive' folder from the Start menu/AllApps list.

Edwin, Feb 11, 2019
  4. tomseys Win User

How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

Yes that is no problem. But what I want to do is have it listed in the navigation pane in file explorer like it was before i hid it. It is not reappearing no matter what i do. I'm not even going to use onedrive and am going to completely disable it but I just want to understand - how i can "unhide" something that has been hidden in the navigation pane. Showing hidden folders doesn't list it back there. I want to relist it there in the navigation pane in file explorer. How can i unhide it?

I did try one of the tutorials that can remove and bring back but it doesn't work. I think that it because it is hidden from there.

tomseys, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. File Explorer: Unhide files not working - Similar Threads - File Explorer Unhide

2. how to unhide a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to unhide a file: my documents folder decided to become hidden for no aparent reason and its been causing lots of issues. now i finaly found my way into its propertys and the hidden box is checked and faded so i cant actualy un check it. any help is realy apreciated...
  3. how to unhide a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to unhide a file: my documents folder decided to become hidden for no aparent reason and its been causing lots of issues. now i finaly found my way into its propertys and the hidden box is checked and faded so i cant actualy un check it. any help is realy apreciated...
  4. i can't unhide a system file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't unhide a system file: I can check or uncheck "Read-Only," but the "Hidden" attribute has a checkbox that is already checked but grayed out.and I cannot uncheck it.I can see the file that I want to unhide by not checking "hide protected operating system files."but i don't have a need for that...
  5. i can't unhide a system file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't unhide a system file: I can check or uncheck "Read-Only," but the "Hidden" attribute has a checkbox that is already checked but grayed out.and I cannot uncheck it.I can see the file that I want to unhide by not checking "hide protected operating system files."but i don't have a need for that...
  6. File explorer not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer not working: I can still open file explorer using run and windows+e but i cant open it from cortana and even when i have file explorer open using run or windows+e it doesnt appear on the task manager at all i dont know what happened please help submitted by /u/splashgamer11 [link]...
  7. File explorer not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer not working: This PC is not loading correctly, and One Drive is not responding *Confused 131723
  8. File explorer not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not working: For some reason whenever I open file explorer for about the third time after I have turned on my computer it will not show any directories and constantly load (this is about after 5 minutes, it doesn't ever finish loading): Anyone know how to fix this?[ATTACH]...
  9. Unhide files not working in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unhide files not working in File Explorer: I have File Explorer set to show hidden files. In my music folders, there are files that are not being displayed. How do I get them to display? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unhide-files-not-working-in-file-explorer/b21e60eb-4bd5-4856-9c81-ad774b7690a1"
  10. How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer: I followed Microsoft's suggestion on how to disable one drive and as part of that where it has you hide it I right clicked on the onedrive icon that shows on the left side of file explorer (the navigation pane), chose properties and hid the folder near attributes (the option...