Windows 10: File Explorer versus the older Windows Explorer

Discus and support File Explorer versus the older Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I refer to my Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Installed on 29/05/2019, OS build 18363.657. The updates have installed when available.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yorky_64, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Yorky_64 Win User

File Explorer versus the older Windows Explorer

I refer to my Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Installed on 29/05/2019, OS build 18363.657.

The updates have installed when available. Most recent one was installed 14/02/2020.

Until then I had preferred and set the PC to the older classical view of two panes showing the hierarchy tree in the left pane which could be expanded to show the sub folders.

I do not know if the last update is the reason that this option is not available because the Start button or Windows Key + E will only open the File Explorer option.

Is there still a way to go back to the two pane option, or I just get used to the File Explorer option?

Please advise.

Regards, Colin

:)

Yorky_64, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue File Explorer versus the older Windows Explorer :p

Frick, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 14, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

File Explorer versus the older Windows Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. File Explorer versus the older Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer versus

2. Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer: When I open File Explorer it asks me to sign in on the top right of the window. When I try to sign in with my Microsoft account it says Oops, Something Went Wrong, Is There any Issue in Windows File Explorer OR something Wrong With My PC?...
  3. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  4. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  5. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Explorer folder versus items?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer folder versus items?: I have a file labeled zips when I click on it there are 428 zip files but in the bottom left corner it says 413 items. Why is that? I've selected all the zip files and still 413 not 428...........
  7. older windows explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    older windows explorer: is it possible to get the 1903 windows explorer back for at least my self, the newer 2004 one is really frustrating, I also liked to be able to change the icon of apps like calculator and voice recorder I hate the new one so I want to be able to put in my own....
  8. Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer: Since Windows 10 Home 1909 was installed I cannot perform searches in Windows File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-explorer/67878ad8-d6b2-47c0-9037-d4e47cbdefa8
  9. File Explorer - Explorer Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer - Explorer Bar: The explorer bar window on my File Explorer seems to think it's re-sizable now, and when I move my mouse over it, the icon changes to a resizing one. Except, I cannot actually resize it. Does anyone know how to remove this? See the below image for what I mean......
  10. Microsoft 10 versus older systems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft 10 versus older systems: Having recently changed my PC I am now in the world of Windows Microsoft 10, previously I enjoyed using Vista. What a load of rubbish I have now bought, you would think the way forward is user friendly? sorry to say this is not the case if you are used to using Windows Live...