Windows 10: File Explorer vertical spacing issue

Discus and support File Explorer vertical spacing issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My issue is similar to this: File Explorer Thumbnail Preview Spacing There is a lot of vertical space for video files in file explorer, but if I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alexander09138, Aug 10, 2020.

1. File Explorer vertical spacing issue

My issue is similar to this: File Explorer Thumbnail Preview Spacing

There is a lot of vertical space for video files in file explorer, but if I click the same folder in the address bar (refresh it), the spacing reduces to very little. The spacing also reduces if I scroll down and up, the affected area's block of space has diminished. I do not know how long this has been happening, but I have just noticed it. I've deleted/rebuilt thumbnail cache, didn't help. It doesn't seem to affect pictures for some reason, just videos.

Windows 10 Pro 1909 64bit

:)

Alexander09138, Aug 10, 2020
  2. ltwally Win User

Jump List vertical spacing

Anyone know of a way to condense down the vertical spacing for Jump Lists? It may be reasonable for tablets, but the spacing is ridiculously over-large for anything with a mouse.

Thanks

File Explorer vertical spacing issue [​IMG]

ltwally, Aug 10, 2020
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Aug 10, 2020
  4. File Explorer vertical spacing issue

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer vertical spacing issue

1. File Explorer vertical spacing issue - Similar Threads - File Explorer vertical

2. Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer: In File Explorer, how to search for any filename with a space before the period? * .* doesn't work -- returns all files.More generally, where are the syntax and other rules for searching in File Explorer?thanksK...
  3. File Explorer Vertical Spacing Bug WinVer 22H2 - Build 19045.2311

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Vertical Spacing Bug WinVer 22H2 - Build 19045.2311: I have tried unsuccessfully to fix this problem in File Explorer. Vertical spacing becomes far too large -especially when using Extra Large Icons view. What's odd is that if I open a folder that has a large number of items, and scroll down to where the initial icons are no...
  4. File Explorer Vertical Spacing Bug WinVer 22H2 - Build 19045.2311

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Vertical Spacing Bug WinVer 22H2 - Build 19045.2311: I have tried unsuccessfully to fix this problem in File Explorer. Vertical spacing becomes far too large -especially when using Extra Large Icons view. What's odd is that if I open a folder that has a large number of items, and scroll down to where the initial icons are no...
  5. File Explorer Vertical Spacing Bug WinVer 22H2 - Build 19045.2311

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Increase Vertical Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase Vertical Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Explorer: How can i increase vertical icon spacing in explorer in windows 10 desktop mode as it is in tablet mode.I have tried enabling this option but it doesn't workI want explorer to look like thissee pic below but in desktop mode.Is this possible or not?...
  7. Increase Vertical Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase Vertical Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Explorer: How can i increase vertical icon spacing in explorer in windows 10 desktop mode as it is in tablet mode.I have tried enabling this option but it doesn't workI want explorer to look like thissee pic below but in desktop mode.Is this possible or not?...
  8. Increase Vertical Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. File Explorer thumbnail spacing issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer thumbnail spacing issue: Since I've done a clean install of Windows, files in any folder in Windows Explorer uses too much space at the top and bottom of the file. If it's a 16:9 video for instance, it uses a square box to preview that file instead of a 16:9 box like it was before I did a clean...
  10. Jump List vertical spacing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jump List vertical spacing: Anyone know of a way to condense down the vertical spacing for Jump Lists? It may be reasonable for tablets, but the spacing is ridiculously over-large for anything with a mouse. Thanks [img] 47929