Windows 10: File explorer view from Save As dialogue

Discus and support File explorer view from Save As dialogue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chris S_999, May 4, 2021.

1. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue from Word or Excel, the file explorer navigation pane within the Save As dialogue shows her mapped drives as folder, drive letter. Is there a setting to modify the navigation pane view visible in the Save As dialog so that it is consistent with the file explorer navigation pane showing drive letter, folder?

:)

Chris S_999, May 4, 2021

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 5, 2021
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, May 5, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

File explorer view from Save As dialogue

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 5, 2021
Thema:

File explorer view from Save As dialogue

1. File explorer view from Save As dialogue - Similar Threads - File explorer view

2. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  3. Save Windows Explorer View permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save Windows Explorer View permanently: Hi all,Is there an option to prohibit Windows deciding what kind of View in the Windows Explorer should be activated? Believe there is an engine which decides everytime, due to the content in a specific folder, if the View should be optimized for Pictures, Dokuments, General,...
  4. Save Windows Explorer View permanently

Save Windows Explorer View permanently: Hi all,Is there an option to prohibit Windows deciding what kind of View in the Windows Explorer should be activated? Believe there is an engine which decides everytime, due to the content in a specific folder, if the View should be optimized for Pictures, Dokuments, General,...
  5. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  6. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer, the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue, the file explorer navigation pane shows her mapped drives as folder, drive letter. Is there a...
  7. Recent Folders disappear from Save As dialogues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent Folders disappear from Save As dialogues: In Quick Access, I pinned Recent Folders, however this never appears when I'm using the Save As feature, so dumb. I could did this easily in Windows 7, the computer doesn't deny me permission to customize my own features like that. Anyway to fix this? submitted by...
  8. File explorer save options view

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer save options view: I just got upgraded to the new File Explorer. I am a photographer and a collector of images. I have hundreds of folders and subfolders. I know exactly where they are because they are listed alphabetically. Now with this File Explorer upgrade they are listed by date. I've...
  9. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  10. Method to save and view complete file history in File Explorer?

Method to save and view complete file history in File Explorer?: Hi all, I want to be able to view the files that I've accessed in File Explorer so that I can review (and preferably search through) them at any time. Essentially what I want is the "Recent items" menu that comes up on the File Explorer homepage, but the version that...