Windows 10: File Explorer View Questions

Discus and support File Explorer View Questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When looking at a drive or folder, a grotty great apparently unremovable & unresizable panel appears on the right. It contains no information I need,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AntRhonda, Dec 8, 2019.

1. AntRhonda Win User

File Explorer View Questions

When looking at a drive or folder, a grotty great apparently unremovable & unresizable panel appears on the right. It contains no information I need, takes up way too much screen space, and makes it all but impossible to look at two folders, drives, etc. at once to evaluate them.

Is there any way to resize or (preferably) get rid of this piece of nonsense?

My brand new Lenovo Thinkpad is running Win 10 build 18632.476.

I find the procedure for attaching a file obscure and obtuse in its unnecessary complications, hope you can see the panel to which I refer in the screnshot.

TIA

Rhonda
    File Explorer View Questions [​IMG]

:)

AntRhonda, Dec 8, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 8, 2019
  4. File Explorer View Questions

How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer View Questions

1. File Explorer View Questions - Similar Threads - File Explorer View

2. QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW: Dear Microsoft support team,Thank you very much for your providing Microsoft product/service.Could you please help me about Windows-File Explorer View:Example: in folder 1: there are 2 files file 1, file 2.When view these, it shows preview of e.g. file 2 at right-pane.How to...
  3. QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW: Dear Microsoft support team,Thank you very much for your providing Microsoft product/service.Could you please help me about Windows-File Explorer View:Example: in folder 1: there are 2 files file 1, file 2.When view these, it shows preview of e.g. file 2 at right-pane.How to...
  4. QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  6. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  7. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  8. File explorer and view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer and view: I have created a map and set the view as Small icons. When I try to follow instructions and define a view for this map it will beset for all other views. I do not like to see other maps as View > Properties not as small icons. It is very annoying. How to manage view...
  9. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  10. simple file explorer/view/details question

in Windows 10 Customization
    simple file explorer/view/details question: We all know what "Date modified" means. I don't want or need Windows to annoyingly group files by "Earlier this week," "Last week," "Earlier this year" or "a long time ago." But I can't figure out how to eliminate this minor annoyance....