Windows 10: File explorer view settings

Discus and support File explorer view settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know how to set the view display when browsing folders, but if I use the search facility, the default view is always Content. I would rather the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Sigurd Win User

File explorer view settings

I know how to set the view display when browsing folders, but if I use the search facility, the default view is always Content. I would rather the default view for searches, and indeed all views in File Explorer, to be Details.
    How do I change the default?

:)

Sigurd, Feb 27, 2018

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Feb 27, 2018
  3. View settings on the File Explorer are not retained on Windows 10.

Hi, thanks for the update.

Since the issue persists after running System maintenance troubleshooter,
    SFC scan and DISM scan, I suggest you to check if similar behavior is shown on another user profile.

Create another administrator user account by referring to Set up accounts on Windows
    10 article.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching
    Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other
    Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 27, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Feb 27, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer view settings - Similar Threads - File explorer view

2. File Explorer View Settings Working in Reverse

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer View Settings Working in Reverse: I was having trouble seeing thumbnails of images in File Explorer, but everything I saw said I needed to ensure to: Deselect "Always show icons, never thumbails" within Control Panel > File Explorer Options > View -and- Deselect "Show thumbnails instead of icons" within...
  3. Change setting for file view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change setting for file view: How do I change the default setting for file view? For example when I save a file or navigate the Windows Explorer. Current (default) setting in my system is large thumbnails while I want details view-mode...
  4. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  5. File Explorer: Manually assign file types to set type of views?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer: Manually assign file types to set type of views?: I think I'll need a third-party app to do this, or back in the day we had custom super tweaks to windows that could do these things but... explained hopefully as simply as possible; In File Explorer I would love to have a way it knows what type of items are within that...
  6. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  7. Cannot set file explorer file view

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot set file explorer file view: Hi, For some reason my win 10 (64 b) install always shows images in file view instead of Details. When I try to apply the details setting to all folders, that selection is always grayed out. Can someone help? Thanks, Ed 72879
  8. View refresh in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    View refresh in file explorer: In W7 I could refresh the file list after deleting files using the view menu and the refresh option. W10 does not remove deleted files from view at once nor does it have a way of doing it manually that I can find. I can't believe it no longer exists. Thanks J 39365
  9. How do I set a default view in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set a default view in File Explorer?: I want 'List', not 'Details'. I could keep it at 'List' view in Windows 7, but I don't see a setting for that option any more? Also, I downloaded a program called Explorer Plus Plus, which I love. Is there any way in Windows 10 to make IT my default Folder opener?...
  10. File explorer view file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view file/folder properties: So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders [img] Folders and files...