Windows 10: File explorer view settings

Discus and support File explorer view settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know how to set the view display when browsing folders, but if I use the search facility, the default view is always Content. I would rather the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Sigurd Win User

File explorer view settings

I know how to set the view display when browsing folders, but if I use the search facility, the default view is always Content. I would rather the default view for searches, and indeed all views in File Explorer, to be Details.
    How do I change the default?

:)

Sigurd, Feb 27, 2018

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Feb 27, 2018
  3. View settings on the File Explorer are not retained on Windows 10.

Hi, thanks for the update.

Since the issue persists after running System maintenance troubleshooter,
    SFC scan and DISM scan, I suggest you to check if similar behavior is shown on another user profile.

Create another administrator user account by referring to Set up accounts on Windows
    10 article.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching
    Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other
    Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 27, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Feb 27, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer view settings - Similar Threads - File explorer view

2. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  3. file explorer view settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer view settings keep resetting: I set the view settings for show hidden folders and show file extensions. Everything is fine. At some point, maybe within a week or maybe when Windows does an update, it changes back to no extensions and no hidden folders.This is VERY AGGRIVATING.Please tell me how to stop it...
  4. file explorer view settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer view settings keep resetting: I set the view settings for show hidden folders and show file extensions. Everything is fine. At some point, maybe within a week or maybe when Windows does an update, it changes back to no extensions and no hidden folders.This is VERY AGGRIVATING.Please tell me how to stop it...
  5. file explorer view settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  7. Understanding and Setting Windows File Explorer Views

in Windows 10 Customization
    Understanding and Setting Windows File Explorer Views: There are dozens of questions on answers.microsoft.com regarding how to set various Windows File Explorer default views. Some people are looking for Details view everywhere, some want Icons by default, many want to know how to turn off Grouping in Downloads, etc. Most of...
  8. File Explorer View Settings Working in Reverse

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer View Settings Working in Reverse: I was having trouble seeing thumbnails of images in File Explorer, but everything I saw said I needed to ensure to: Deselect "Always show icons, never thumbails" within Control Panel > File Explorer Options > View -and- Deselect "Show thumbnails instead of icons" within...
  9. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  10. Cannot set file explorer file view

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot set file explorer file view: Hi, For some reason my win 10 (64 b) install always shows images in file view instead of Details. When I try to apply the details setting to all folders, that selection is always grayed out. Can someone help? Thanks, Ed 72879