Windows 10: File Explorer view subfolder contents without clicking on every subfolder?

Discus and support File Explorer view subfolder contents without clicking on every subfolder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In file explorer we have several folders and subfolders set up. Some never get populated while others do. Is there a way when starting at the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarinaNBW, Feb 21, 2020.

1. MarinaNBW Win User

File Explorer view subfolder contents without clicking on every subfolder?

In file explorer we have several folders and subfolders set up. Some never get populated while others do. Is there a way when starting at the first folder to see contents of subfolders without having to click all of them and determine which are populated and which are empty?

Can we click on original and just see contents of all subfolders?

Folder: CLIENT NAME
    Subfolder1: Correspondence

Subfolder 2: Pre1990

Subfolder 2a: Post 1990

Subfolder1A: Reports

Subfolder 2A: CNR

Subfolder 2Aa: Examinations OUT

Subfolder 2Ab: Examinations In

:)

MarinaNBW, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Aeikausar Win User

File Explorer - List / View all files in subfolders of a folder

In File Explorer, Is there any way to list/view all files in subfolders of a folder, without using command line or windows search? Thank you

Aeikausar, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?

Open the main folder in Windows Explorer, type kind:video in search field. This searches the folder and all its subfolders for any video file, listing them all.

File Explorer view subfolder contents without clicking on every subfolder? [​IMG]

4. Uplink10 Win User

Archive Manager, can't extract without creating subfolder

I am trying to extract an archive which contains an archive split into multiple files and for that I need Archive Manager to extract the first archive not in any subfolders.

I read on the internet that if there is more than one file in the archive Archive Manager will automatically create a subfolder when extracting, now I think that there should certainly be an option for that too but there should not be only this default option available because now I can't extract a few archives without automatically creating subfolders.

I do not want subfolders because then the second archive won't be able to extract contents because the second archive is split into more files (which depend on each other) and now all these files are in its own subfolder instead of the same folder.

I used to this with ease with 7-Zip and Winrar on Windows but in Archive Manager there is no such a choice where you choose yourself whether you want it extracted to subfolder or not in a subfolder.

Uplink10, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer view subfolder contents without clicking on every subfolder? - Similar Threads - File Explorer view

2. Automatically copy contents from a folder to every newly created subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically copy contents from a folder to every newly created subfolder: I would like to create a trigger that automatically copies the files in Folder A into any newly created sub folder in Folder B. To rephrase, every time I create a subfolder in Folder B, I would like the files from Folder A to automatically be copied/added. Any suggestions are...
  3. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  4. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  5. How to delete folder and its subfolders and files in one-click in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete folder and its subfolders and files in one-click in File Explorer?: In File Explorer, if you select a folder and click delete, if that folder contains subfolders, File Explorer will popup a message saying it cannot delete the folder because it is not empty. Instead, you have to delete each subfolder and file before you can delete the main...
  6. How to delete folder and its subfolders and files in one-click in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete folder and its subfolders and files in one-click in File Explorer?: In File Explorer, if you select a folder and click delete, if that folder contains subfolders, File Explorer will popup a message saying it cannot delete the folder because it is not empty. Instead, you have to delete each subfolder and file before you can delete the main...
  7. How to delete folder and its subfolders and files in one-click in File Explorer?

8. Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files: Hi! I was wondering if there is a way in Windows 10 or a software that can create a table of contents for a folder? In our company we have a library of different files with information that we need for our work. These files are stored on a network drive and are used by...
  9. How to Search in File Explorer in Windows 10 WITHOUT subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Search in File Explorer in Windows 10 WITHOUT subfolders: My Windows 10 Explorer does not behave as expected. (Windows 10 Version 2004) A search in File Explorer in Windows 10 always shows files of subfolders even if I click on 'Current folders'. The German Microsoft support could not help in a long telephone call. I ran...
  10. How do I cascade a customized Explorer view to subfolders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I cascade a customized Explorer view to subfolders?: Hello, I have a top-level parent folder "Team Reports". In this folder there are a few files, and many subfolders. In this parent view, I have added "Authors" to the file properties in the right hand pane. (The subfolders contain the same file types as are contained in the...