Windows 10: File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11

Discus and support File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Win 11, how do I stop File Explorer from jumping back to the top of the list every few minutes? This also seems to prevent slide show from making... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dana_4749, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Dana_4749 Win User

File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11

In Win 11, how do I stop File Explorer from jumping back to the top of the list every few minutes? This also seems to prevent slide show from making through a large 200+ folder of pictures.

:)

Dana_4749, Mar 22, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 22, 2022
  4. File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11

1. File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - File Explorer viewing

2. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  3. Windows 11 File explorer EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File explorer EXTREMELY ANNOYING!: HI, I have been using windows 11 on a fresh install for a while now and I must say the file explorer is atrocious. I have a new computer yet the file explorer has 10-30 sec delay to load folders and such. I would like an option to go back to the windows 10 file explorer. I...
  4. Windows 11 File explorer EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File explorer EXTREMELY ANNOYING!: HI, I have been using windows 11 on a fresh install for a while now and I must say the file explorer is atrocious. I have a new computer yet the file explorer has 10-30 sec delay to load folders and such. I would like an option to go back to the windows 10 file explorer. I...
  5. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  6. File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11: In Win 11, how do I stop File Explorer from jumping back to the top of the list every few minutes? This also seems to prevent slide show from making through a large 200+ folder of pictures....
  7. File Explorer annoyance

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoyance: I have 2 W10 pro systems as listed in my systems. One of them (laptop) has a annoying problem when using File Explorer. The issue is when selecting a sub directory in the left window, and then moving the cursor to the right window does not scroll the file list. If you scroll,...
  8. File Explorer annoying behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoying behavior: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.8.36) I'm new .. I've been looking through forum after forum and cannot find resolution to a specific problem. My job includes LOTS of email with attachments, and a couple of months ago, I began to notice annoying behavior that didn't...
  9. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  10. File explorer annoyance

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer annoyance: I took the option to upgrade from W7 quite early on and in the main I am a happy bunny - really liked W7/hated W8 although it had some meat features. I think W10 gives the best of both worlds but there is one thing that really bugs me ... triplication of folders showing in...