Windows 10: File Explorer W11; Restore Pictures Folder to Quick Access

Discus and support File Explorer W11; Restore Pictures Folder to Quick Access in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; File Explorer W11; Restore Pictures Folder to Quick Access;Hello everyone, my computer is a Dell 3891 Inspiron Desktop, IntelR Quad Core i3-10105 CPU@... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bjarmint, Mar 28, 2023.

1. bjarmint Win User

File Explorer W11; Restore Pictures Folder to Quick Access

File Explorer W11; Restore Pictures Folder to Quick Access;Hello everyone, my computer is a Dell 3891 Inspiron Desktop, IntelR Quad Core i3-10105 CPU@ 3.7 GHZ, 16 GB 4DDR RAM, 1TB Seagate Disk hard drive, 64 bit, Windows 11 Home Version 10.2261 Build 22621, NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 graphics card.The Pictures Folder disappeared from Quick Access in File Explorer and from list under Home heading at left side of File Explorer. This occurred when I deleted One Drive from the computer. Would like to restore the Pictures folder to both locations. The pictures were backed up but I didn’t realize

:)

bjarmint, Mar 28, 2023
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. enso Win User
    Quick access (File Explorer) fails to search Pictures folder

• Quick access contains the folders: Documents, Music, Pictures, Video
    • On the right side of the window, there is a Quick access search field. Entering a search will find matching files in 3 folders but not matching files in the Pictures folder.
    • If I navigate directly to the Pictures folder then the search will work.
    • I’d like to fix where ever the problem is – with Quick access or the Pictures folder – and have QA searches work on all 4 folders.
    I’ve tried re-indexing / rebuilding the index and several other things, but the problem still remains. Crossing my fingers that someone here will post the much-hoped for solution!

4. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

1. File Explorer W11; Restore Pictures Folder to Quick Access - Similar Threads - File Explorer W11

2. Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer: Hi, I am running Windows 11, and the latest update which was installed on 12th October has caused issues with my File Explorer. It appears to now be running in a window that looks more like an internet page, which doesn't worry me either way. The bit that is bothering me is...
  3. Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer: Hi, I am running Windows 11, and the latest update which was installed on 12th October has caused issues with my File Explorer. It appears to now be running in a window that looks more like an internet page, which doesn't worry me either way. The bit that is bothering me is...
  4. File Explorer W11; Restore Pictures Folder to Quick Access

File Explorer W11; Restore Pictures Folder to Quick Access: File Explorer W11; Restore Pictures Folder to Quick Access;Hello everyone, my computer is a Dell 3891 Inspiron Desktop, IntelR Quad Core i3-10105 CPU@ 3.7 GHZ, 16 GB 4DDR RAM, 1TB Seagate Disk hard drive, 64 bit, Windows 11 Home Version 10.2261 Build 22621, NVIDIA GeForce...
  5. CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER: Hi... I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro which is up todate. I have a folder listed in the Quick access list under My PC which no longer exists and I can't remove it or delete it.Does anyone have any idea as to how I can remove / delete the entry ?thanks B.E....
  6. CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER: Hi... I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro which is up todate. I have a folder listed in the Quick access list under My PC which no longer exists and I can't remove it or delete it.Does anyone have any idea as to how I can remove / delete the entry ?thanks B.E....
  7. CAN'T DELETE A FOLDER IN QUICK ACCESS IN FILE EXPLORER

8. Quick Access in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  9. Quick access (File Explorer) fails to search Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access (File Explorer) fails to search Pictures folder: Quick access contains the folders: Documents, Music, Pictures, Video On the right side of the window, there is a Quick access search field. Entering a search will find matching files in 3 folders but not matching files in the Pictures folder. If I navigate directly to the...
  10. Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder: In File Explorer, Quick Access I can search for files and will see results from Documents, Music, and Video. But to find anything in Pictures I have to navigate to that folder specifically to search it. I've looked in vain for a setting that would let the Pictures folder be...