Windows 10: File Explorer Weird Behaviour!!

Discus and support File Explorer Weird Behaviour!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 file explorer keeps refreshing (jumping to the beginning of window) every 60 seconds, thus closing any folder opened for naming and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aminnhabash, Jul 20, 2019.

1. File Explorer Weird Behaviour!!

My Windows 10 file explorer keeps refreshing (jumping to the beginning of window) every 60 seconds, thus closing any folder opened for naming and leaving any selected files. This is driving me crazy!! and I have tried every imaginable fixing method without any use. Can anyone help with this??

:)

aminnhabash, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10, weird behaviour

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to update all the windows updates and install all the latest drivers.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key and type troubleshooting.

• Click Troubleshooting. Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

• Click next, select Not Listed. Click Next.

• Click Browse and select the installer that you downloaded using the link above.

• Click next, click Troubleshoot program.

• Check The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now box.

• Click next, select the last known working operating system for this driver.

For Blue screen Error i suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

For Visual Studio.

I suggest you to install the Visual Studio in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install software in compatibility mode:

1. Download the software from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the software and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the software install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

File Explorer Weird Behaviour!!

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Weird Behaviour!!

1. File Explorer Weird Behaviour!! - Similar Threads - File Explorer Weird

2. explorer windows behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer windows behaviour: my win 10 explorer windows have started to freak out.. when calling the windows either via WIN E or via double click the icon in tool bar it opens to full screen in the right hand display, I have dual display. Any attempt to move window with mouse or minimize and the window...
  3. Weird behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird behaviour: Hi, I have backupped a good working system, installed with everything I'm used to work with (a win pro 64 install from usb stick wich works),..I did this because I knew updating windows to its latest version would give me problems...and yes today I have tried again for the...
  4. Weird Display Behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Display Behaviour: I have just realised that when I change the wallpaper on my laptop it also changes on my desktop PC ... and vice versa This never used to happen - anyone any ideas what's changed? I don't know if it's significant but both computers updated to W10 Anniversary Edition...
  5. Weird connectivity behaviour

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird connectivity behaviour: Today while I was playing a game on my PC I heard the Windows alert sound, but when I checked to look there was no alert to be seen. Shortly afterwards my PC was disconnected from the Internet. Chrome said that my device is offline, this usually never happens. My phone could...
  6. Weird network sharing behaviour.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird network sharing behaviour.: So I have many PCs and laptops in my office and they all are connected over the network. 10 laptops on WiFi and 4 PCs on wired connection. Now the problem is that some of these PCs and laptops don't show up on the network, some do, some won't see them selves and a few...
  7. Weird keyboard behaviour at logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird keyboard behaviour at logon: I found myself unable to log on because typing my windows password was impossible ( managed to do it with on screen keyboard ) the problem is that when i press " i " for example it types "]i", when i press u for example it types " hyu " and very strange when i press...
  8. FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.: Running Windows 10 x64 Pro RTM will all updates. In a nutshell everytime I bring up File Explorer in normal mode it appears in a new position. It is always a little lower down and a little to the right. I have a dual monitor setup even though I doubt this is the problem....
  9. Weird borders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird borders in File Explorer: Ever since upgrading to 10 from 7, the file explorer has had these weird borders on the top. I've been looking around for a solution for this the entire day finding nothing at all. [img] The borders are only at the top of the explorer. I don't have this issue on my...
  10. Strange file explorer behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange file explorer behaviour: This is quite odd, but doesn't happen very often, only once or twice a week maybe. I'll have file explorer open, and be using something else, for example chrome, maximised. All of a sudden for no apparent reason the file explorer window appears in foreground! Any ideas what...