Windows 10: File Explorer will just closer or crash randomly.

Discus and support File Explorer will just closer or crash randomly. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Company wide we have and issue with File Explorer closing down. I haven't been able to find what the cause is. There is nothing in the problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ethan Binks, Apr 13, 2021.

1. File Explorer will just closer or crash randomly.

Company wide we have and issue with File Explorer closing down. I haven't been able to find what the cause is. There is nothing in the problems report. It may be a network problem as many reports it is in our network drives. Although I believe it could be upstream Microsoft issue.

We are running windows 10 Pro and staff are running on Business Standard License if it may be an allowance problem.

Thank you all in advanced.

:)

Ethan Binks, Apr 13, 2021

2. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Apr 13, 2021
  3. File Explorer keeps crashing Windows 10 upgrade

Thanks, the advice did not solve the issue but I am a bit closer to understanding it.

Firstly the SFC scan ran and found no errors.

Next I tried clean boot:

• I stopped all the services apart from the Microsoft ones as per the instructions
    • I stopped all the start up programs.
    I still had the problem.

I then tried the Diagnostic Start Up on the General tab. File Explorer did not crash after rebooting.

So, there is something in the boot up that is causing the crash.

I did try uninstalling AVG virus checker at this point but it made no difference.

Any other suggestions?

NigelBarrett, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Gencijs Win User

File Explorer will just closer or crash randomly.

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer will just closer or crash randomly.

1. File Explorer will just closer or crash randomly. - Similar Threads - File Explorer closer

2. random explorer crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random explorer crash: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 22H2 build 22623.1095 insider canal beta on a LAPTOP with an ASUS X570-P Mother board, a Ryzen 3900 processor and a RTX 2070 GPU. My explorer often crashes no error msg, I only see the restart of task bar and brief screen flickering.It happens...
  3. random explorer crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random explorer crash: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 22H2 build 22623.1095 insider canal beta on a LAPTOP with an ASUS X570-P Mother board, a Ryzen 3900 processor and a RTX 2070 GPU. My explorer often crashes no error msg, I only see the restart of task bar and brief screen flickering.It happens...
  4. Laptop just randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop just randomly crashing: Hi,My laptop just randomly crashes every time I do heavy tasks on it eg browing the internet and doing things on photoshop. Its a fairly strong machine, rtx 2060 so I dont know why this is happening. I'm on windows 10Heres my recent DUMP file:...
  5. Explorer crashing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashing randomly: Hello,explorer crashes when i try to open explorer or when i right click a file.Its been crashing since i got the computer. i tried some of the solutions i found but couldnt fix it -i used sfc/scannow,it says there are no corrupted files -i looked at event manager and...
  6. File Explorer randomly crashes

File Explorer randomly crashes: For some time now, couple of months my File Explorer crashes at random times, usually every 2-3 hours. I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, Version 20H2. I am pasting a recent error report from "Reliability History" Προέλευση source Windows Explorer Σύνοψη Synopsis...
  7. File Explorer close/crash randomly

File Explorer close/crash randomly: Greetings, I'd rather not to call this "crash" because windows didn't even tell me there is a "crash". The file explorer just randomly close. No crash, no lags. And no, I'm not on Network sharing or something like that. This a personal PC. I've been experiencing this...
  8. File explorer crashes just after opening.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes just after opening.: I have cleared the history, unticked the boxes as recommended but it still crashes. what is the next fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-just-after-opening/3d007e10-8d2e-4ead-aca7-2f86ee0e4814"
  9. File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly: I have a few users on 1809 that when accessing files, file explorer will close and leave the file open at unpredictable intervals. I've tried running sfc/ scannow, I checked GPO drive mapping is set to update, the disconnect time for mapped drives is much longer than a lot of...
  10. Random Explorer Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Explorer Crash: Curious to know if someone can point me in the right direction of figuring out a random Explorer.exe crash. I've checked in event viewer and can't seem to pin point it. Looking for suggestions. Pasted below is the error and information levels found withing Event Viewer under...