Windows 10: File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow

Discus and support File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been having this problem recently, I honestly dont know what it is. My computer runs smoothly, up until I open up file explorer and it basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SpabRog, Apr 4, 2016.

1. SpabRog Win User

File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow

I've been having this problem recently, I honestly dont know what it is. My computer runs smoothly, up until I open up file explorer and it basically doesn't load. It's been sitting there for at least 40 minutes. If anyone can shed some light, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow [​IMG]

:)

SpabRog, Apr 4, 2016
  2. Zaf_989 Win User

WIndows 10 File Explorer Extremely slow, does not load

I have the same issue and tried all the solutions listed above. None of these works for me. Still windows seems "working on it"

Zaf_989, Apr 4, 2016
  3. ..rs Win User
    WIndows 10 File Explorer Extremely slow, does not load

I am a systems administrator for a non-profit. We had this problem on several of their PC's.

Here is a workaround I discovered, I've put it on my Tech blog.

J Misc Stuff - Tech / Trading / Etc

Hope this helps someone...

J

..rs, Apr 4, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    It depends on how many files that you have in a particular directory. Windows has to reload the cache every time you open up Explorer.

bro67, Apr 4, 2016
  6. Clint Win User
    I just had the same problem. I fixed mine by
    I didn't re-enable Windows Search to automatic and it's working great..

Thanks to razghost and topgundcp

Clint, Apr 4, 2016
  7. gruss Win User
    This worked for me-
    Open File Explorer
    Click View
    Click Options on the right side
    Under Privacy, Click Clear, which clears the File Explorer History
    After I did this File Explorer loaded and has been running fast so far.

gruss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow - Similar Threads - File Explorer Load

2. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  3. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  4. file explorer loading slow

file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  5. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  6. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  7. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

8. File Explorer Extremely Slow or Not Responsive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Extremely Slow or Not Responsive: I have windows 10 and these issues occur when using file explorer, moving or managing files. A. File explorer takes minutes to open or won't open when clicked on this includes using the windows search bar and any icons on the computer. B. File explorer crashes often or is...
  9. File Explorer Extremely slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer Extremely slow: My company has been having issues with file explorer one being loading file explorer is extremely slow. There are other programs having issues now but I feel are not important. To test if this was caused by user error I create a fresh install on a computer suffering from the...
  10. File Explorer extremely slow and unstable.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer extremely slow and unstable.: So I just took part in the Windows 10 Insider Preview a couple of days ago, and I have to say, Windows 10 is a great step up from Windows 8, they did an excellent job so far. There's just one problem: File Explorer is extremely hard to use. Not only does the file explorer...