Windows 10: File Explorer will not read a specific folder after update to 1903 from 1809.

Discus and support File Explorer will not read a specific folder after update to 1903 from 1809. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Explorer will not read a specific folder after the update to 1903 from 1809. I open "File Explorer", scroll down to the folder in question, left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonR_SOC, Jun 1, 2019.

1. DonR_SOC Win User

File Explorer will not read a specific folder after update to 1903 from 1809.

File Explorer will not read a specific folder after the update to 1903 from 1809.

I open "File Explorer", scroll down to the folder in question, left click on the folder, the contents (files) display for about 2 seconds then the folder closes and "File Explorer" also closes.

I have tried to rename it but get the same results.

I have checked the Property(security) with that of folder close by and it is the same.

I have deleted the original folder and created a new folder but with the same results.

Opening other folders with "File Explorer" is no problem, just this one specific folder.

Any suggestions or a possible fix.

:)

DonR_SOC, Jun 1, 2019

2. file explorer and reading list on windows 10

Hi Colinus,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you faced. We certainly help you with this issue. I want to inform you it is temporary issue it will short out immediately there is no need to go back in previous operating system.
    I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. Are you referring to reading list app?

If you are using reading list app so I would suggest you to run windows app troubleshooter to fix issue.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to control panel and select troubleshooting then in top left corner of your screen select view all.

• Click on windows store app and click on it and run it.
    I want to inform you. You can sort, group, and arrange items in a folder or library view by an added column (detail) in ascending or descending order in windows 10 file explorer.

for more information follow the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Note: It is also applicable for windows 10 as well.

Try these steps and let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jun 1, 2019
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 1, 2019
  4. File Explorer will not read a specific folder after update to 1903 from 1809.

Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer will not read a specific folder after update to 1903 from 1809.

1. File Explorer will not read a specific folder after update to 1903 from 1809. - Similar Threads - File Explorer read

2. Updating from 1809 to 1903 stops at 90%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating from 1809 to 1903 stops at 90%: Hello. I’ve been trying this for months, but it always freezes at 90%. Everything else goes fine, except that i need to restart manually at 75% because the screen becomes black and won’t restart itself. By saying that it freezes, I mean that the little wheel stops rotating...
  3. Windows 10 will not be updated from 1809 to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not be updated from 1809 to 1903: I have tried several methods to update this laptop, but nothing works. Any idea why, it won't be updated now? Is it time for a new installation?...
  4. Win10 update to v.1903 from 1809

Win10 update to v.1903 from 1809: After the 1903 update download... How long should it take to restart (reboot) the computer? 1 ,2,3 Hrs or even days?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-update-to-v1903-from-1809/0ddefdee-fcb2-46ad-8295-ce336faa1a7b
  5. Updating windows to 1903 from 1809

Updating windows to 1903 from 1809: I am facing this problem thrice , Actually my system is running slow and I don't know the reason but I am damn sure that it is a software problem. whenever I am trying to download or upgrade to the latest version of windows i.e. 1903. I am getting the message from windows and...
  6. Constant BSOD - Before and after updating from 1809 to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD - Before and after updating from 1809 to 1903: Hello, I have been getting constant BSOD's on a fairly important machine. We use it for Editing and post production. The symptoms are like this: The system works fine for a day, then throughout using it will start to get slow (takes longer to open files, or even explorer...
  7. Problem updating from 1809 to 1903

Problem updating from 1809 to 1903: Hi, I’ve been waiting to see when my PC would download the latest version of Windows 10 (1903). I eventually cleared some rubbish I’d collected, made a clone of my C drive onto an external USB SSD using Macrium and went to the MS site to manually download 1903. My PC was...
  8. Problem updating from 1809 to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem updating from 1809 to 1903: Hi, I’ve been waiting to see when my PC would download the latest version of Windows 10 (1903). I eventually cleared some rubbish I’d collected, made a clone of my C drive onto an external USB SSD using Macrium and went to the MS site to manually download 1903. My PC was...
  9. File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903: My laptop was updated to Version 1903 of Windows 10 a day or 2 ago. Now when I start File Explorer, it starts as usual but as soon as I click on anything in the Navigation Pane e.g. to open a folder or expand part of a folder tree, it becomes completely unresponsive and shows...
  10. Update Windows 10 - From 1809 to 1903

Update Windows 10 - From 1809 to 1903: Dear Friends, I can't get 1903 update from Windows Update. [ATTACH] But with Windows 10 Update Assistant, I can get this update. [ATTACH] Why cannot get this update from Windows Update in Windows Setting? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer has no pane view after 1903 update