Windows 10: File Explorer Will Open But Will Not Show Up On My Monitor Windows 10

Discus and support File Explorer Will Open But Will Not Show Up On My Monitor Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The file explorer on my computer will highlight on my hot bar but will not "pop up" on my monitor. I checked my "task view" and nothing.Please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Amelia350, May 9, 2021.

1. Amelia350 Win User

File Explorer Will Open But Will Not Show Up On My Monitor Windows 10

The file explorer on my computer will highlight on my hot bar but will not "pop up" on my monitor. I checked my "task view" and nothing.Please help!

:)

Amelia350, May 9, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 9, 2021
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    File explorer will not open on windows 10

As a workaround, we suggest that you follow these steps to access windows explorer using the
    Run dialog box. By doing this, we may identify if you can navigate Windows through this method. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run dialog box.
    • Type explorer and press Enter.

In case your system will allow you to navigate through this process, we recommend that you continue performing the in-place upgrade procedure.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Sher Amo, May 9, 2021
  4. File Explorer Will Open But Will Not Show Up On My Monitor Windows 10

File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, May 9, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer Will Open But Will Not Show Up On My Monitor Windows 10

1. File Explorer Will Open But Will Not Show Up On My Monitor Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File Explorer Open

2. Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer: Files I didn't open show up on my recently opened list every time I enter the explorer. I changed my password and the problem is still there. I also deleted OneDrive from my computer but the problem is still there as if I still have OneDrive installed. I hope that this is a...
  3. Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer: Files I didn't open show up on my recently opened list every time I enter the explorer. I changed my password and the problem is still there. I also deleted OneDrive from my computer but the problem is still there as if I still have OneDrive installed. I hope that this is a...
  4. file explorer shows as open but nothing shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer shows as open but nothing shows: Hi! Yesterday my file explorer on windows 11 suddenly stopped working. It shows as open with the little line under the icon on the process bar. Although it shows as open, nothing shows up on screen. When I quit the process in the task manager nothing happens. I ran the sfc...
  5. file explorer shows as open but nothing shows

file explorer shows as open but nothing shows: Hi! Yesterday my file explorer on windows 11 suddenly stopped working. It shows as open with the little line under the icon on the process bar. Although it shows as open, nothing shows up on screen. When I quit the process in the task manager nothing happens. I ran the sfc...
  6. Only 'File explorer options' shows up when trying to open file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only 'File explorer options' shows up when trying to open file explorer: When I try to search for my file explorer I only see the options available and not the actual program, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-file-explorer-options-shows-up-when-trying-to/262ccf52-ed89-4b1d-8c04-691e66a9f3ac
  7. Only 'File explorer options' shows up when trying to open file explorer

Only 'File explorer options' shows up when trying to open file explorer: When I try to search for my file explorer I only see the options available and not the actual program, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-file-explorer-options-shows-up-when-trying-to/262ccf52-ed89-4b1d-8c04-691e66a9f3ac
  8. Artwork not showing up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Artwork not showing up on File Explorer: My File Explorer music files do not show the artwork. I've already made sure the "Always show icons , never thumbnails is Unchecked. I tried a couple other things as well, but no luck. Any suggestions, please?...
  9. Temp files showing up in file explorer

Temp files showing up in file explorer: Hello , I work as an IT for a Cargo Company . Recently some users have reported an issue of temporary files pinned in the file explorer. I tried deleting the temps but it wont let me. I also ran CCleaner and nothing. Have searched the internet but have found no answer to...
  10. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...