Windows 10: File Explorer window closing automatically

Discus and support File Explorer window closing automatically in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I always use file explorer (used to be windows explorer). Anyhow, after opening the file explorer, it closes by itself after 30 minutes or so. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NymT, Nov 15, 2019.

1. NymT Win User

File Explorer window closing automatically

I always use file explorer (used to be windows explorer). Anyhow, after opening the file explorer, it closes by itself after 30 minutes or so. Any solution of disabling it? I have Windows 10 Pro.

***Original title: file explorer/window explorer closes by itself***

:)

2. File Explorer crashes/ closes automatically on Windows 10

Hi Ted,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue;

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the File Explorer freezes/ shuts down?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

I suggest you to perform the troubleshooting steps below and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Method 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing files in File explorer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 15, 2019
  4. jijug4g Win User

file explorer closing automatically

Hi

When I open File Explorer in Window 10 It is close automatically

Please help

jijug4g, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. File Explorer window closing automatically - Similar Threads - File Explorer window

2. File Explorer closing randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer closing randomly: Hi,Recently a lot of our users at work has started to experience several folders closing while either working in them or having them minimized in the background. This is regarding a specific Network Drive as far as i am aware of which is a shared drive where multiple users...
  3. File Explorer of Windows 10 Automatically Closed when Browsing Network Drive

File Explorer of Windows 10 Automatically Closed when Browsing Network Drive: Hi, we have experienced that File Explorer of Windows 10 automatically closed after a certain time when browsing our drives of file server. I found that this problem would not occur for browsing local drives and OneDrive. May I know what the issue is and how to fix the...
  4. File Explorer of Windows 10 Automatically Closed when Browsing Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer of Windows 10 Automatically Closed when Browsing Network Drive: Hi, we have experienced that File Explorer of Windows 10 automatically closed after a certain time when browsing our drives of file server. I found that this problem would not occur for browsing local drives and OneDrive. May I know what the issue is and how to fix the...
  5. File Explorer of Windows 10 Automatically Closed when Browsing Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Right click on certain files not working, file explorer automatically close

Right click on certain files not working, file explorer automatically close: I'm facing an issue here...When I right click on my files such as word, excel, pdf, ppt, jpg... are totally not working, the file explorer will automatically close but when I right click on the folders, video files mp4, mp3 or zip files, there are working and only these kind...
  7. New folders in File Explorer automatically close

New folders in File Explorer automatically close: When I create a new folder in Window10 File Explorer, the folder automatically closes before I can type it in. It's a real hassle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-folders-in-file-explorer-automatically-close/534c264b-012a-4d7d-96d7-af60d8fdf64b
  8. Bat file automatically close?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bat file automatically close?: when i execute the bat file i get a window this window should be closed after 5 seconds if no interaction with the window was done Does anybody know how to do this? Bat Datei automatisch schließen?
  9. file explorer/window explorer closes by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer/window explorer closes by itself: I always use file explorer (used to be windows explorer). Anyhow, after opening the file explorer, it closes by itself after 30 minutes or so. Any solution of disabling it? I have Windows 10 Pro....
  10. Close File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Close File Explorer Window: Using Taskkill to close File Explorer ends some programs running in System Tray, because it closes the Desktop, while Ccleaner can close it without ending any programs, how can this be done with a batch file? 130259

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file explorer close automatically