Windows 10: File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen

Discus and support File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just recently did a clean reinstall of my Windows 10 Home (aprox 1 week ago), the first days where going awesome, but since yesterday I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SekkeyWho, Feb 5, 2019.

1. SekkeyWho Win User

File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen

I just recently did a clean reinstall of my Windows 10 Home (aprox 1 week ago), the first days where going awesome, but since yesterday I've been suffering a weird problem: everytime I do something using full screen mode (watching a youtube video, hitting F11, playing a game, etc) and I exit such mode, a File Explorer window opens by itself (always in the Quick access windows). What can I do to stop this?

:)

SekkeyWho, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    File Explorer

What I saw from the Disk Management, You did not do a clean install, you probably did an in place upgrade. The 100MB System Reserved is normally used in Window 7. For a fresh install the Disk partition scheme should be as follows:
    1. 500 MB System Reserved partition
    2. C- Drive.
    Since you did not have to many apps installed, I would re-install Windows 10 as suggested above. It is better to have your Windows installed on the first sata port (Disk 0) so I suggest to open the case and connect the cable from disk 0 to disk 2 where you have C: drive. Disconnect the other cables for now and do the steps below:
    1. Boot up with Windows installation media
    2. On the first screen. Press SHIFT + F10 and type
      diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
      exit
    3. Continue with Installation, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not create partition/format. Let Windows create the needed partitions.
    4. Once done, reconnect the other cables for drive D and E.
    5. Reboot, your Disk 0 should contain 500MB system reserved and C drive.

topgundcp, Feb 5, 2019
  4. John Ado Win User

File Explorer resetting to Details after Anniversary Update

Hi,

Let's get this sorted out. We suggest you try these troubleshooting steps:

• Start the Windows in clean boot. To do this, follow the steps
      here
    • Once in clean boot environment, change the settings again to set it back to
      List
      . Normally, changing the view style in the bottom right of the window and exiting File Explorer should do the trick. The next time you open File Explorer, it should default to the last view style selected.
    • If the issue persist, let's run SFC scan to look for corrupted files. Here's
      how
    • Restart the computer normally.

Share with us the results.

Thanks.

John Ado, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen - Similar Threads - File explorer window

2. File Explorer buffers every time I open a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer buffers every time I open a file: Not sure if anyone's had this issue before, everything on my PC is working fine but any time I open any folder in file explorer it buffers for a couple seconds before opening the file. I've tried restarting folder explorer from task manager, clearing caches, cleaning up my C...
  3. File Explorer buffers every time I open a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer buffers every time I open a file: Not sure if anyone's had this issue before, everything on my PC is working fine but any time I open any folder in file explorer it buffers for a couple seconds before opening the file. I've tried restarting folder explorer from task manager, clearing caches, cleaning up my C...
  4. File Explorer buffers every time I open a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Explorer in Win11 rescans the computer every time I open it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer in Win11 rescans the computer every time I open it.: Ever since upgrading from Win10 to WIn11, every time I open File Explorer, it rescans the entire computer. The address bar does the whole, slowly-fill-with-green-from-left-to-right thing. Meanwhile, none of my pinned folders are there in the left pane. None of my networked...
  6. File Explorer in Win11 rescans the computer every time I open it.

File Explorer in Win11 rescans the computer every time I open it.: Ever since upgrading from Win10 to WIn11, every time I open File Explorer, it rescans the entire computer. The address bar does the whole, slowly-fill-with-green-from-left-to-right thing. Meanwhile, none of my pinned folders are there in the left pane. None of my networked...
  7. Every time I open the file explorer, it always restarts explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I open the file explorer, it always restarts explorer.exe: Every time I open the file explorer, it always restarts explorer.exe, I have followed tutorials and it does not solve it, here are details of the event...
  8. Every time I open the file explorer, it always restarts explorer.exe

Every time I open the file explorer, it always restarts explorer.exe: Every time I open the file explorer, it always restarts explorer.exe, I have followed tutorials and it does not solve it, here are details of the event...
  9. Apps opening File Explorer full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps opening File Explorer full screen: Win 10 1909 18363.836 Recently two apps that I use frequently, WhatsApp for PC and Thunderbird, have started opening File Explorer full screen, with no Minimise or Resize options visible. I believe this problem occurred following a recent Win update. I have made sure that I...
  10. Everytime I exit full screen my file manager opens

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everytime I exit full screen my file manager opens: Every time I double click out of an Youtube video or press F11 two times. The file manager will pop-up. How do I fix this? I have tried restarting my computer, updating my chrome. Nothing is working I have two monitors one laptop and another one is the VG245H. System:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer remove full screen

2. exit full screen file explorer

3. exit full screen file explorer in windows 10