Windows 10: File Explorer Windows 10 Acer Aspire Desktop showing 2 similar external drives

Discus and support File Explorer Windows 10 Acer Aspire Desktop showing 2 similar external drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I added an external WD My book drive and it shows up twice in File Explorer. Both have the same # of items and files. How do I remove one without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelDefede, Jul 12, 2020.

1. File Explorer Windows 10 Acer Aspire Desktop showing 2 similar external drives

I added an external WD My book drive and it shows up twice in File Explorer. Both have the same # of items and files.

How do I remove one without any loss of data?

:)

MichaelDefede, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2020
  3. gegjr Win User
    External drives show twice in file explorer

In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one?

gegjr, Jul 12, 2020
  4. File Explorer Windows 10 Acer Aspire Desktop showing 2 similar external drives

Acomdata External Hard Drive not connecting

My Acomdata external hard drive seems to connect and disconnect seconds later. It is apparently not connected long enough to display in file explorer. I have an Acer Aspire desk top running Windows 10. Would appreciate any suggestions.

LORAEOBANNAN, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Windows 10 Acer Aspire Desktop showing 2 similar external drives

1. File Explorer Windows 10 Acer Aspire Desktop showing 2 similar external drives - Similar Threads - File Explorer Acer

2. Windows 11 File Explorer not showing external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer not showing external drive: I just updated my Lenovo computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and all of my drives were there. Updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 this morning and now only have one of my external drives. The external 1 TB external is there and working but the 80 GB WD Passport isn't...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer not showing external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer not showing external drive: I just updated my Lenovo computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and all of my drives were there. Updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 this morning and now only have one of my external drives. The external 1 TB external is there and working but the 80 GB WD Passport isn't...
  4. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  5. External drive not showing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive not showing in Explorer: Windows10 l have plugged a fairly new Samsung 1TB external drive into two different computers but it doesn’t show up in File Explorer or Disk Management. The blue indicator is lit on the drive. When I click the icon on the status bar, it shows Eject Samsung M3 Portable....
  6. File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive: I plugged an external "A" drive into my computer via a USB port with File Explorer open. The "A" drive shows up, but only for about 2 seconds and then it goes away. I changed USB ports and it does the same. I checked Device Manager under "Floppy Drives" and it shows the "A"...
  7. External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...

External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...: External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? According to support this isn't a flaw. I consider it to be a design flaw. The second appearance of...
  8. External drives show twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    External drives show twice in file explorer: In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drives-show-twice-in-file-explorer/252c30a0-b538-4b32-b172-cad98e68cee4
  9. My Acer Aspire V5 is showing Drive E to be near full, but properties shows "no files".

My Acer Aspire V5 is showing Drive E to be near full, but properties shows "no files".: I keep getting messages saying the "E" drive is near full. [ATTACH] But the folder is empty. [ATTACH] How do I remedy this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-acer-aspire-v5-is-showing-drive-e-to-be-near/61aed4b4-f2de-4fec-82b0-ab2212a7364b"
  10. acer aspire desktop boot failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    acer aspire desktop boot failure: hi i loaded windows 10 pro and since had boot problems worst scenario only black screen, or shows acer logo then stops or goes to load windows then goes to black screen best way to overcome unplug pc leave replug and boot if i manage to boot up and use pc and close down...