Windows 10: File Explorer Windows10, office 2016 not showing file details

Discus and support File Explorer Windows10, office 2016 not showing file details in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have looked in the community, where this issue is common. I have tried every option suggested (options on folders in Explorer,task manager, command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Madeleine Kings, Nov 5, 2018.

1. File Explorer Windows10, office 2016 not showing file details

I have looked in the community, where this issue is common. I have tried every option suggested (options on folders in Explorer,task manager, command prompts as per one of the replies. but I still cannot visualise all of my files ( powerpoint, excel etc) in the folders. It is very frustrating as you have to search programmes individually to find the file you know you have & where it is located. This is supposed to be the OLD function of File explorer & a very basic task. If it's not broken don't fix it. I have done all the updates & now I feel I have to contact the community.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks

Maddy

:)

Madeleine Kings, Nov 5, 2018

2. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

File Explorer Windows10, office 2016 not showing file details windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 6, 2018
  3. MS Office file taking too long to open in File Explorer. File Explorer shows not responding for atleast 5 minutes.

MS Office 2016 file taking too long to open in File Explorer. File Explorer shows not responding for atleast 5 minutes in Windows 10 Home.

online_raj, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

File Explorer Windows10, office 2016 not showing file details

Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Windows10, office 2016 not showing file details

1. File Explorer Windows10, office 2016 not showing file details - Similar Threads - File Explorer Windows10

2. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  3. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  4. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  6. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  7. File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer does not show existing file details when Detail panel is selected it shows...: When using File explorer I find useful to display file details Title, Tag, Keyword, Object, Comments, Properties, ... in addition to the default details filename, ype, size, last modification. I have added these details and they are essential for me for classifying documents...
  8. Office 2016 - no preview of Excel documents in File Explorer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 - no preview of Excel documents in File Explorer: Brand new laptop with freshly installed Office 2016 (Windows 10 version 1903). I cannot get Excel docs to preview in File Explorer (no problem with all other Office documents and PDFs). Looking online, I've seen that this is a relatively common problem. I've tried all the...
  9. Office 2016 - File Corrupt

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 - File Corrupt: Hi, My installation of office isn't working right from the start! if i want to open a file not made by this copy of office, it says the file is corrupt. I can open the same excel file by opening excel, in the recent page, there's open other workbooks link, i can select the...
  10. AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

in Windows 10 Support
    AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does: Hello. I have Windows 10 Version 1709 (build 16299.248) and I recently learned that MP3 is a lossy format so I started re-encoding in AIFF but I noticed that in the music folder it only shows the track name. It's indirectly sorted by track order by putting a two digit number...