Windows 10: File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

Discus and support File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IUseWindows11, Jan 14, 2022.

1. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 - Copy.txtWhen I would expect this instead:New Folder file1.txt:New Folder - Copy file1.txtAre there any fixes for this?

:)

IUseWindows11, Jan 14, 2022
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jan 14, 2022
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

Multiple Duplicate Folders under This PC in File Explorer

Hi Grant,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting multiple duplicate folders for Documents in the left pane of File Explorer. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to exit OneDrive from Task Manager and System Tray, this will stop OneDrive Syncing. Now backup the contents of the Documents folder and delete the duplicate folders. Restart the computer and open OneDrive to start Syncing again. Now drag and
    drop the Documents folder to OneDrive and check if you face any issues.

Step 1:

To exit OneDrive from Task Manager follow these steps:

a. Right-click on Task Bar.

b. Click on Task Manager.

c. Under Processes, right-click on OneDrive
    and click on End Task.

Step 2:

To exit OneDrive from System Tray follow these steps.

a. Right-click on OneDrive icon in System Tray.

b. Click on Exit.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

1. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder - Similar Threads - File Explorer Onedrive

2. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  3. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  4. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  6. Duplicate Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate Files and Folders: How can I remove duplicate files and folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files-and-folders/25f61947-9acb-48a9-9604-177d7276afdb
  7. Duplicate folders in my File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate folders in my File Explorer: I know this had been covered long ago. It is impossible for me to find that particular thread. Would someone please tell me how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? Thank you. [img] 168975
  8. Duplicate File folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate File folders: I have two identical file folders called BAS. Most of my business folders are in the BAS file. One BAS file is found in: This PC > Windows C: > Baile > Documents The other BAS file is found in: This PC Windows C: > Users > Baile > Documents Both reference...
  9. Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder: When I create a new file in a child folder in my "This PC" parent folder, the file is automatically also created in a child folder in my "One Drive" parent folder. As a result, I essentially am doubling the storage usage on my PC. Similarly, if I delete a file from my "One...
  10. Duplicate files/folders

Duplicate files/folders: I am after some software that will help me remove duplicate files. In this case, some program seems to have recreated duplicate folders with just a file called "desktop.ini" in it. I would like to be able to search for that and remove all the corresponding duplicate...