File explorer without descriptions

Discus and support File explorer without descriptions in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hello guys, first of all please forgive my broken English. And now I'll try to describe my issue. Two days ago switching on my pc I've found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sixtythree, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Sixtythree Win User

Hello guys, first of all please forgive my broken English.
    And now I'll try to describe my issue. Two days ago switching on my pc I've found a problem..... when I try to read my hard drives contents I can't. All icons are aligned in a wrong way. I can only use my browser... I tried to restore the system without any results. Have you any advice to give me?

:)

Sixtythree, Jun 8, 2018
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Kalpana Shankarappa Win User
    File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

File explorer without descriptions - Similar Threads - File explorer without

1. Concept imagines redesigned Windows 10 File Explorer with new look

in Windows 10 News
    Concept imagines redesigned Windows 10 File Explorer with new look: Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Redstone 5 update that will bring a dark theme to the File Explorer, along with some other refinements. File Explorer is getting an update later this year, but more or less it will look same. It’s likely that one day Microsoft will implement...
  2. Virtual Machine networking question file explorer + vmware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Machine networking question file explorer + vmware: Yep, as per my recent post history - im having a good run with networking stuff >< So my main pc and other pcs all show up in network when i turn them on, disappear when i turn them off, great! However any of my vm's when turned on appear properly, but when I turn them off...
  3. How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit: [img] is there a way to stop links being opened in the red box in the above image as i want to disable this using either windows registry or gpedit 111881
  4. Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686

in Windows 10 News
    Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686: Dark themes have become popular these days, and the apps are also in process of adopting the new trend. Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system lets you enable the dark theme almost everywhere, and the rival Apple is also investing in dark themes for its products. The core...
  5. How to Make File Explorer Open Up iPhone folder when plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make File Explorer Open Up iPhone folder when plugged in: When I upload photos on ebay, I plug my iphone in and upload them them directly from my iphone to ebay without actually importing the photos onto my laptop. Usually after I uploaded one photo from my iphone and I go to upload the second photo, it would take me directly to the...
  6. Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?: I'm attempting to use the File Explorer burn feature to burn an iso file on a flash drive. See Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials for info on this approach. A screen appears, saying " A disk burner wasn't found. I think this means the...
  7. WinRE drive appears in File Explorer using Answer file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WinRE drive appears in File Explorer using Answer file: I managed to create an answer file for Win10 and the installation was a success not having to input anything at all. However, in File Explorer the WinRE drive appears. This was not the case when installing Win10 normally. How can I edit the XML answer file to have the WinRE...