Windows 10: File explorer without descriptions

Discus and support File explorer without descriptions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys, first of all please forgive my broken English. And now I'll try to describe my issue. Two days ago switching on my pc I've found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sixtythree, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Sixtythree Win User

File explorer without descriptions

Hello guys, first of all please forgive my broken English.
    And now I'll try to describe my issue. Two days ago switching on my pc I've found a problem..... when I try to read my hard drives contents I can't. All icons are aligned in a wrong way. I can only use my browser... I tried to restore the system without any results. Have you any advice to give me?

:)

Sixtythree, Jun 8, 2018
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Kalpana Shankarappa Win User
    File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

File explorer without descriptions

1. File explorer without descriptions - Similar Threads - File explorer without

2. File explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer: file explorer opens very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/file-explorer/8be34093-c630-4895-a2ab-e815b1c0d891
  3. File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer: File Explorer used to be displayed in my taskbar. Why did it disappear and I can not find a way to pin it to the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/file-explorer/c704fe48-96ac-4d6f-95dc-c3a28d791924
  4. System Icons Description is not visible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Icons Description is not visible.: [img] When I mouse over to the system icons, they usually show the description of the system icons. For example, when I mouse over to the Wi-Fi icon, the connected wifi name would pop-up in a description box. or if I mouse over to the speaker, it would show 'sound'...
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Description and dump files inside

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Description and dump files inside: Have been having problems with BSOD since I bought a new upgrade kit for my computer three years ago. I've gotten different errors through the years using Windows 7, 8 and 10 and several graphics cards. I have been trying some simple fixes like updating every driver I can...
  6. file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer: Why when I am in File Explorer and I try to open a file in my user, I get a message that I am not authorized? 51294
  7. File Explorer...

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer...: Hello... I've noticed that I cannot use File Explorer as it used to work. Now, when I open a file, the contents are displayed, but won't stay in position to be accessed. Unless what contents of the file is at a location that can be seen when the FE opens it won't stay when...
  8. How to change "File type" (aka file type description) of files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change "File type" (aka file type description) of files: Hello everyone I would like to edit the file type descriptions of a number of file types on my computer. I mean the text that is written in the "File Type" column. For example, after installing Opera browser, all HTML and HTM files have the "File Type" of "Opera Web...
  9. File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: I have an issue relating to File Explorer. I have 3 internal HDDs, namely C, D and E drives. They all appear correctly under 'ThisPC', however the E drive doesn't show outside of this, as the C and D drives do (see various images). Is there a way to have the E drive displayed...
  10. File without extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File without extension: Hi everyone,I have download a file recently, called "download" which has no extension,so I wonder what it is. ***It's from onlinevideoconverter.com,I downloaded a song. 46974