Windows 10: File explorer without descriptions

Discus and support File explorer without descriptions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys, first of all please forgive my broken English. And now I'll try to describe my issue. Two days ago switching on my pc I've found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sixtythree, Jun 8, 2018.

1. File explorer without descriptions

Hello guys, first of all please forgive my broken English.
    And now I'll try to describe my issue. Two days ago switching on my pc I've found a problem..... when I try to read my hard drives contents I can't. All icons are aligned in a wrong way. I can only use my browser... I tried to restore the system without any results. Have you any advice to give me?

:)

Sixtythree, Jun 8, 2018
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jun 8, 2018
  3. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

File explorer without descriptions

1. File explorer without descriptions - Similar Threads - File explorer without

2. OneDrive - Description in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Description in Explorer: Dear all,see below screenshot. How can I change that Description of OneDrive? It states Martin rest in black to another text? The rest in black is a company name I want to change....
  3. OneDrive - Description in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - Description in Explorer: Dear all,see below screenshot. How can I change that Description of OneDrive? It states Martin rest in black to another text? The rest in black is a company name I want to change....
  4. Executables without real description.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Executables without real description.: Why do executables in the NTFS Details explorer tab have no description of what they are doing? Honestly, I block everything with a firewall, since I do not know what such a program will do when I let it connect to the Internet. And I do not have the time or the will to dig...
  5. Executables without real description.

Executables without real description.: Why do executables in the NTFS Details explorer tab have no description of what they are doing? Honestly, I block everything with a firewall, since I do not know what such a program will do when I let it connect to the Internet. And I do not have the time or the will to dig...
  6. Executables without real description.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to add description for files in explorer without going to properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add description for files in explorer without going to properties: How to add description for files in explorer without going to properties. Please help because I have lot of files. Unable to go to each file properties and I need to edit directly on the highlighted area for comments & description. Please help if there is any add in also it...
  8. How to add description for files in explorer without going to properties

How to add description for files in explorer without going to properties: How to add description for files in explorer without going to properties. Please help because I have lot of files. Unable to go to each file properties and I need to edit directly on the highlighted area for comments & description. Please help if there is any add in also it...
  9. Windows 10 file description - see description

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file description - see description: the picture is taken from the start button. does anyone know how to change it back. windows 10 pro version 2004 (os build 19041.985) 179644
  10. Windows Explorer file description columns export

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer file description columns export: TreeSize Pro not the free version does what Windows Explorershould do. In the right pane files have namedcolumns and right click any of the names of the columns gets the context menu thatshows the extra columns that Windows Explorer normally allows. So check and uncheck...