Windows 10: File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines

Discus and support File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently downloaded a picture file from dropbox and they installed in a zipped folder. after I had used the photos I tried to delete them out of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sidnaw, May 12, 2021.

1. Sidnaw Win User

File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines

I recently downloaded a picture file from dropbox and they installed in a zipped folder. after I had used the photos I tried to delete them out of the zipped folder. I extracted them, I restarted my computer, I've tried what I thought might fix the issue, but still every time I try to delete these photos from this folder, file explorer stops responding and the deletion process is stuck at 0%. I'm not a very tech savvy person so I appreciate all the help I can get

:)

Sidnaw, May 12, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 12, 2021
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, May 12, 2021
  4. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines - Similar Threads - File Explorer won't

2. Zip file that won't delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zip file that won't delete: Hello, I have been trying to delete an unextracted zip file from my documents. However, when I try to delete it, a message comes up saying that an unexpected error is keeping me from deleting the file....
  3. Zip file that won't delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zip file that won't delete: Hello, I have been trying to delete an unextracted zip file from my documents. However, when I try to delete it, a message comes up saying that an unexpected error is keeping me from deleting the file....
  4. I can see the files in the zip folder but it won't let me open the file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can see the files in the zip folder but it won't let me open the file.: I have a zip folder and I can't open the files inside to print or convert to adobe. How can I open the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-the-files-in-the-zip-folder-but-it-wont/d333f285-099c-4d58-a126-d6fb6ff850d5
  5. I can see the files in the zip folder but it won't let me open the file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see the files in the zip folder but it won't let me open the file.: I have a zip folder and I can't open the files inside to print or convert to adobe. How can I open the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-the-files-in-the-zip-folder-but-it-wont/d333f285-099c-4d58-a126-d6fb6ff850d5
  6. I can see the files in the zip folder but it won't let me open the file.

7. My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines: this is not the only app this happens too, does anyone have an EASY fix? mainly with microsoft store downloaded items but not only them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-seems-to-be-corrupted-or-something-along/87dc3c47-be8f-44ae-85a3-e375a55c631c
  8. My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines

My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines: this is not the only app this happens too, does anyone have an EASY fix? mainly with microsoft store downloaded items but not only them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-seems-to-be-corrupted-or-something-along/87dc3c47-be8f-44ae-85a3-e375a55c631c
  9. Monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines: My default graphics is integrated so when i turn it off in the device manager to let my dedicated gpu work my monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines instead of rx 5500m....
  10. Windows won't let me delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won't let me delete a file: I cannot delete a file from Windows. I've tried deleting from the desktop, a file saved to my computer, and a file saved to a network. Prior to this morning I was able to delete all of these. I have tried right click > delete and dragging the file to the recycling bin. I have...