Windows 10: File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines

Discus and support File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently downloaded a picture file from dropbox and they installed in a zipped folder. after I had used the photos I tried to delete them out of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sidnaw, May 12, 2021.

1. Sidnaw Win User

File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines

I recently downloaded a picture file from dropbox and they installed in a zipped folder. after I had used the photos I tried to delete them out of the zipped folder. I extracted them, I restarted my computer, I've tried what I thought might fix the issue, but still every time I try to delete these photos from this folder, file explorer stops responding and the deletion process is stuck at 0%. I'm not a very tech savvy person so I appreciate all the help I can get

:)

Sidnaw, May 12, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 12, 2021
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, May 12, 2021
  4. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer won't let me delete zipped files or something along those lines - Similar Threads - File Explorer won't

2. File Explorer wont let me open a file with a different program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer wont let me open a file with a different program: This MC shaders had something I needed to fix, but when i was going to fix it i accidentally chose my browser, and now it wont let me change programs. how do i fix this? [ATTACH]...
  3. Monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines: My default graphics is integrated so when i turn it off in the device manager to let my dedicated gpu work my monitor goes to microsoft basics default driver or something along those lines instead of rx 5500m....
  4. File Explorer won't let me open, move, delete, rename, etc any of my files

File Explorer won't let me open, move, delete, rename, etc any of my files: File Explorer won't let me open, move, rename, or delete my files. It just freezes and says "Not Responding" so I have to exit out of File Explorer. If I need to open a word document I have to open Word and find the file that way. I feel as though this didn't start...
  5. File explorer not letting me search

File explorer not letting me search: Hey so basically the issue is every time i try to search, ill go to click the search bar, the cursor does change to the the cursor when you go to type, but when i click nothing happens im really stressed out over this please help....
  6. Files folder won't let me upload.

Files folder won't let me upload.: Hello, I am currently using google chrome as my default browser. When I try to upload a file ie. applying for a job I keep getting "program not responding". I am sure I tried everything, restarting computer, updating chrome and computer, drag & drop the file. Nothing seems to...
  7. Right-click, copy & paste, delete a .zip file crashes the file explorer.

Right-click, copy & paste, delete a .zip file crashes the file explorer.: Whenever I try to do something to the .zip file, like right click, control+c to copy it, or delete it, or double left click on it, the file explore will just closes itself and reboot. What should I do with it? Anyone can help? Thanks a lot!...
  8. Windows won't let me delete a file

Windows won't let me delete a file: I cannot delete a file from Windows. I've tried deleting from the desktop, a file saved to my computer, and a file saved to a network. Prior to this morning I was able to delete all of these. I have tried right click > delete and dragging the file to the recycling bin. I have...
  9. -won't let me delete this? fine.-

-won't let me delete this? fine.-: -won't let me delete this? fine.- 25647
  10. Zip file in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Zip file in File Explorer: Hi I try to open a zip file in "File Explorer/Windows 10" with double click on, but it is no working. I'm trying with right mouse click to “extract all”, and I have got the error: Windows cannot complete the extraction The compressed zipper Folder XXX is invalid any...