Windows 10: File explorer won't let me scroll a list for more than 10 seconds.

Discus and support File explorer won't let me scroll a list for more than 10 seconds. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's 2019. I have had Windows 10 before it publically came out. NO problem until a year ago: in File Explorer, when I am looking through a list,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kathyraz, May 27, 2019.

1. kathyraz Win User

File explorer won't let me scroll a list for more than 10 seconds.

It's 2019. I have had Windows 10 before it publically came out. NO problem until a year ago: in File Explorer, when I am looking through a list, within 10seconds the cursor or scroll throws me back to the top of the list. I don't have the time to find what I'm looking for. The scrolling is just sent back to the top.

:)

kathyraz, May 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 27, 2019
  3. In File Explorer a long list of file names snaps back to the top of the list after a few seconds

Hi Kenand,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you using external mouse/ touchpad while scrolling in File Explorer?
    • Is this issue confined only when accessing File Explorer?

This issue might persists if your using mouse/ touchpad with scrolling problem.

I suggest you to refer to the below posts and check if the your issue resembles the same, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned to check if your issue is resolved.

Windows 10 file explorer scrolls itself to the top

And,

Scroll Problems with File Explorer in Window 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 27, 2019
  4. Deluneth Win User

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. File explorer won't let me scroll a list for more than 10 seconds. - Similar Threads - File explorer won't

2. The new Print Dialog Box won't let me print more than once.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The new Print Dialog Box won't let me print more than once.: Windows 11 / 22H2the new Print Dialog Box just let me print once. If I try to call PrintDlgExPRINTDIALOGEX pd a second time the app freeze and I have to start Task manager to close it. After Task Manager stopped the app, the Print Dialog Box shows up with an error...
  3. The new Print Dialog Box won't let me print more than once.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The new Print Dialog Box won't let me print more than once.: Windows 11 / 22H2the new Print Dialog Box just let me print once. If I try to call PrintDlgExPRINTDIALOGEX pd a second time the app freeze and I have to start Task manager to close it. After Task Manager stopped the app, the Print Dialog Box shows up with an error...
  4. Windows won't let me use right-click when selected more than 16 PNG files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won't let me use right-click when selected more than 16 PNG files: When I select multiple PNG files, I get the error message: "your internet security settings prevented one or more files being opened". I tested and it seems that I have no problems with fewer than 16 files, but on the 17th file, I get the message when I right click. It...
  5. Windows won't let me use right-click when selected more than 16 PNG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me use right-click when selected more than 16 PNG files: When I select multiple PNG files, I get the error message: "your internet security settings prevented one or more files being opened". I tested and it seems that I have no problems with fewer than 16 files, but on the 17th file, I get the message when I right click. It...
  6. Windows won't let me use right-click when selected more than 16 PNG files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. file explorer {not responding] more often than not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer {not responding] more often than not: On or about January 22, 2021 there was an updated that required a restart. The next file explorer started periodically locking up... If I run as administrator I can manipulate my files with no problem, but in average Joe user mode sometimes I can rename my records and other...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app won't let me add more than one email account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail app won't let me add more than one email account.: I am encountering a strange issue where the Mail app only lets me add one email account. When I try to add any other account after that, it gets stuck on the "Creating account" loading screen and never goes past that. I'm not sure what I should do to fix this. I've done...
  9. Windows 10 Store will not let me have more than 10 computers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store will not let me have more than 10 computers: I have purchased around 20 laptops that I am using for a project, to use these computers in any meaningful way, S Modemust be turned off. Otherwise, the computers are absolutely worthless because you cannot install anything on them. To switch out of S Mode, you have to have...
  10. File explorer / My PC wont open for more than 3 seconds - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer / My PC wont open for more than 3 seconds - Windows 10: My PC is an Asus G74 with an i7 processor and 16 GB RAM. I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388. File explorer opens for approx 3 seconds then closes by itself. I cannot therefore access my drives. Opening 'My PC' is the same. Unable to save files from...