Windows 10: File Explorer won't load folders.

Discus and support File Explorer won't load folders. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since yesterday the File Explorer on Windows 10 doesn't the folders at all and when it does it it is REALLY slow. I restarted my computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielleReid1, Apr 3, 2019.

1. File Explorer won't load folders.

Since yesterday the File Explorer on Windows 10 doesn't the folders at all and when it does it it is REALLY slow.

I restarted my computer and sometimes the issue was solved but then it came back.

:)

DanielleReid1, Apr 3, 2019

2. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Apr 3, 2019
  3. AFTommy Win User
    Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

File Explorer won't load folders. [​IMG]

AFTommy, Apr 3, 2019
  4. File Explorer won't load folders.

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer won't load folders.

1. File Explorer won't load folders. - Similar Threads - File Explorer won't

2. Explorer window won't show udpated files of folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer window won't show udpated files of folder: I have OneDrive folder let's call it "Guides" synced on my PC.I use Microsoft 365.In my Guides folder, there is a pdf file, let's call i guide.pdf.I made some changes in guide.docx file, and used export to pdf to replace existing guide.pdf file. Then, when I open Guides...
  3. Explorer window won't show udpated files of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer window won't show udpated files of folder: I have OneDrive folder let's call it "Guides" synced on my PC.I use Microsoft 365.In my Guides folder, there is a pdf file, let's call i guide.pdf.I made some changes in guide.docx file, and used export to pdf to replace existing guide.pdf file. Then, when I open Guides...
  4. Explorer window won't show udpated files of folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Not Loading

File Explorer Not Loading: I've been having issues with my laptop for awhile now. Normally, it won't complete updates and I have to do a full reset. This time, it updated properly, but I tried to do updates because whenever I try to open a folder, file Explorer won't load. I pops up the window, but...
  6. File Explorer Not Loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Loading: I've been having issues with my laptop for awhile now. Normally, it won't complete updates and I have to do a full reset. This time, it updated properly, but I tried to do updates because whenever I try to open a folder, file Explorer won't load. I pops up the window, but...
  7. File Explorer Not Loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Folder won't open on Windows 10 File Explorer

Folder won't open on Windows 10 File Explorer: In my Windows 10 File Explorer I couldn't open one of the folders Scanned Documents, if that matters. Clicking didn't raise an error or anything, but even right click 'open in a new window' got no response at all. I checked its permissions and properties. After researching...
  9. File Explorer loads folders slowly but the File Picker version of Explorer doesn't?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer loads folders slowly but the File Picker version of Explorer doesn't?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AkiraTheFenix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8qb1g/file_explorer_loads_folders_slowly_but_the_file/
  10. File Explorer Loading Files Slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Loading Files Slowly: Hi, everyone Hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my File Explorer. I have 2 folders with a huge number of files (Folder 1 with 47K images at 34GB, and Folder 2 with 113K images at 53GB). Folder 1 takes the green bar 30sec to load up its files, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer wont load on desktop