Windows 10: File Explorer won't open through other programs

Discus and support File Explorer won't open through other programs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Basically my file explorer is working fine when I access it through the shortcut and that but when a program like discord or Spotify wants to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kevtruongah, Mar 21, 2020.

1. File Explorer won't open through other programs

Basically my file explorer is working fine when I access it through the shortcut and that but when a program like discord or Spotify wants to access file explorer, it doesn't open. So for example, when I try to change the playlist image on Spotify, it doesn't open at all it doesn't open then crash, nothing happens at all.

It does however work through google chrome, so if I click on photos/videos on Facebook, file explorer pops up perfectly normal

Apps so far that this applies to:

.Blizzard when I click 'Use a different Folder

.Spotify trying to change playlist images

.Discord trying to change profile picture as well as upload pictures
    .Steam opens the steam version off file explorer instead

:)

Kevtruongah, Mar 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2020
  4. File Explorer won't open through other programs

File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer won't open through other programs

1. File Explorer won't open through other programs - Similar Threads - File Explorer won't

2. File Explorer won't open on screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer won't open on screen.: Even though I can see the "File Explorer" Icon on the task bar, I can't view it on my computer screen. I can use the mouse to hover over it, but when I try to click on it. it doesn't expand on the screen....
  3. Files Explorer won't open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Explorer won't open files: So this has been an issue today. I try to open a file in Files explorer, then it just freezes and show my mouse cursor as on blue loading circle. Please help!...
  4. File Explorer Resizing/Position in other Programs

File Explorer Resizing/Position in other Programs: Hi All, I hope someone can help with a little, but very annoying issue I've had for some time My current OS is Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.685 and Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 When I open File Explorer on my desktop it opens in the...
  5. Windows Explorer refreshing each time file explorer is open through a program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer refreshing each time file explorer is open through a program.: Recently my windows updated and ever since then I've been getting this weird flickering like my screen is refreshing, and after testing it if I try to open something through a program that uses file explorer like photoshop or google chrome, will cause my entire screen(seems...
  6. My File Explorer Won't Open

My File Explorer Won't Open: I have been trying to fix this issue for the past few days. When I try to open the file explorer my desktop goes blank and so does my taskbar and then it comes back like a reset. I open the task manager and it says it's running, but I can not see it. Please help me....
  7. Publisher and Access Files won't open through File Explorer

Publisher and Access Files won't open through File Explorer: I have both Access and Publisher installed on my laptop, in addition to the regular Office apps. When I attempt to open either a Publisher file or Access database, there is no icon and it tells me I do not have a program available to open that file type. When I try to set the...
  8. File explorer and other programs crashing

File explorer and other programs crashing: I thought I had a good life. Then Windows Update 1903 auto-installed overnight. All of a sudden. my Windows and Outlook profiles were corrupt and many of my programs did not work. I created a new profile to fix the one the update corrupted. But File Explorer, Chrome,...
  9. Manage won't open in File Explorer

Manage won't open in File Explorer: Since windows update, Manage won't open at the top of the page in File Explorer. What have they done? This is an useful application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-wont-open-in-file-explorer/f7d2c844-3ab1-4faa-92d6-399a61b75aa8"
  10. File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer won't open: Glad you got it worked out. *Thumbs