Windows 10: File Explorer won't show the whole list of folders when i click on downloads

Discus and support File Explorer won't show the whole list of folders when i click on downloads in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] After updating my windows to the latest version, I encountered this. Please help! :<... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Keanu Flores, Jan 2, 2020.

1. File Explorer won't show the whole list of folders when i click on downloads

File Explorer won't show the whole list of folders when i click on downloads 83d23944-06ef-4462-9dd0-df11d6c0cc1b?upload=true.png File Explorer won't show the whole list of folders when i click on downloads f3c03082-7ea1-47ec-b08f-c874540489c1?upload=true.png

After updating my windows to the latest version, I encountered this. Please help! :<

:)

Keanu Flores, Jan 2, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jan 2, 2020
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Jan 2, 2020
  4. blueworld Win User

File Explorer won't show the whole list of folders when i click on downloads

File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer won't show the whole list of folders when i click on downloads

1. File Explorer won't show the whole list of folders when i click on downloads - Similar Threads - File Explorer won't

2. Explorer window won't show udpated files of folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer window won't show udpated files of folder: I have OneDrive folder let's call it "Guides" synced on my PC.I use Microsoft 365.In my Guides folder, there is a pdf file, let's call i guide.pdf.I made some changes in guide.docx file, and used export to pdf to replace existing guide.pdf file. Then, when I open Guides...
  3. Explorer window won't show udpated files of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer window won't show udpated files of folder: I have OneDrive folder let's call it "Guides" synced on my PC.I use Microsoft 365.In my Guides folder, there is a pdf file, let's call i guide.pdf.I made some changes in guide.docx file, and used export to pdf to replace existing guide.pdf file. Then, when I open Guides...
  4. Explorer window won't show udpated files of folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list: I have the same issue as one shown beforeIn W11 File explorer, when I select a folder in the list on the left and right click and select the More Options and click on Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed, does one of two things, it either 1 - jumps to another folder,...
  6. renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list

renaming a folder in the file explorer folder list: I have the same issue as one shown beforeIn W11 File explorer, when I select a folder in the list on the left and right click and select the More Options and click on Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed, does one of two things, it either 1 - jumps to another folder,...
  7. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  8. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  9. Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.: Hello. I hope I can find some help here. When I click on File Explorer or any folder to do a search, the search tools not does show up. And sometimes I can't search at all. It won't me click on it. I also noticed sometimes a gray box shows up on the folder search....
  10. Favorites list won't show when I click star in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites list won't show when I click star in Microsoft Edge: Following instructions that used to work. Favorites list display is not showing in latest Edge browser. It just displays To see favorites here...… This makes no difference if you select show favorites bar or not within settings....