Windows 10: file explorer won't stay open at selected file

Discus and support file explorer won't stay open at selected file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like the file tree to stay open at a selected file until I'm done working in that file! Is there a switch in settings that I can change?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by klute, Mar 14, 2019.

1. klute Win User

file explorer won't stay open at selected file

I would like the file tree to stay open at a selected file until I'm done working in that file! Is there a switch in settings that I can change?

:)

klute, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 14, 2019
  3. File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Mar 14, 2019
  4. file explorer won't stay open at selected file

file explore will not stay open

On my HP desktop, file explorer will not stay open from the taskbar. It quickly opens and closes. After several attempts it sometimes will remain open.

JamesMagnuson, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

file explorer won't stay open at selected file

1. file explorer won't stay open at selected file - Similar Threads - file explorer won't

2. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  3. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  4. My pics won't stay cropped in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pics won't stay cropped in File Explorer: I have a new all in one HP. I am trying to crop my pics and when I click save copy after cropping, it reverts back to the original. Can someone please help me? thank you so much....
  5. Files Explorer won't open files

Files Explorer won't open files: So this has been an issue today. I try to open a file in Files explorer, then it just freezes and show my mouse cursor as on blue loading circle. Please help!...
  6. File explorer won't open any files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer won't open any files: Whenever I click a file in file explorer it just gives me an infinite loading cursor I still have alot of space and I have deleted thumbnail cache can anyone help submitted by /u/BrandExe [link] [comments]...
  7. My File Explorer Won't Open

My File Explorer Won't Open: I have been trying to fix this issue for the past few days. When I try to open the file explorer my desktop goes blank and so does my taskbar and then it comes back like a reset. I open the task manager and it says it's running, but I can not see it. Please help me....
  8. Manage won't open in File Explorer

Manage won't open in File Explorer: Since windows update, Manage won't open at the top of the page in File Explorer. What have they done? This is an useful application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-wont-open-in-file-explorer/f7d2c844-3ab1-4faa-92d6-399a61b75aa8"
  9. Files in File Explorer are not selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files in File Explorer are not selected: Prior the issue File Explorer kept a selected file selected. I could select a file, then open it, save etc. without having to click on the mouse. Currently folder settings in File Explorer have changed because the file I have opened is not stayed selected anymore. I have to...
  10. File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer won't open: Glad you got it worked out. *Thumbs