Windows 10: file explorer won't stay open at selected file

Discus and support file explorer won't stay open at selected file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like the file tree to stay open at a selected file until I'm done working in that file! Is there a switch in settings that I can change?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by klute, Mar 14, 2019.

1. klute Win User

file explorer won't stay open at selected file

I would like the file tree to stay open at a selected file until I'm done working in that file! Is there a switch in settings that I can change?

:)

klute, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 14, 2019
  3. File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Mar 14, 2019
  4. file explorer won't stay open at selected file

file explore will not stay open

On my HP desktop, file explorer will not stay open from the taskbar. It quickly opens and closes. After several attempts it sometimes will remain open.

JamesMagnuson, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

file explorer won't stay open at selected file

1. file explorer won't stay open at selected file - Similar Threads - file explorer won't

2. Files seen in file explorer won't open in microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files seen in file explorer won't open in microsoft apps: Hi I have CDDA music files on usb that can be seen in file explorer but can't be either: a) played on surface pro on WPA, itunes or any other microsoft app b) converted using a microsoft app converter c) when using an app to convert or play the file cant be seen in its...
  3. file won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file won't open: A file is use won't open... it says 'open by another user'.. I think it didn't close or save properly. I need to save this file. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-wont-open/abc50bc9-da5c-47d6-bbdc-7d45b324045c"
  4. Way of opening selected files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Way of opening selected files: Heres my problem, Normally and befeore the problem starst - when I selected some files using CRTL or SHIFT button, and then double click lets say some photo, windows opens only the file i doubleclicked. Now when I select even 20 and more files and doubleclick the last...
  5. Task Manager and File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager and File Explorer won't open: The OS is WIndows 10. Getting some issues trying to open the File Explorer. Other applications will open normally, but File Explorer won't open. I attempted to open Task Manager, first via ctrl+alt+del, then via Run. Neither method would allow the Task Manager to actually...
  6. "Open With" select program don't stay selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Open With" select program don't stay selected: Hello... I have a Jpeg file and when I use Open With and select what program I want to use to open the file, put a check mark to always use this program it doesn't do such. It will open the file with the program I selected, but once I close the program and try to reuse it...
  7. File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item: In older versions of windows When i did a search and right click on a item and select open containing folder it used go straight to that item. But with windows it justs open the folder then you have to again for the same file. Is there any way to get the old search...
  8. Opening multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening multiple files in file explorer: Windows 10. I no longer am able to open more than one jpg file in Photoshop Elements 14 (so maybe this is a PE problem as don't have a problem with Word or Excel files?) If I select more than one it will open every one except the first one selected (usually though seems a bit...
  9. File Explorer crash when selecting files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crash when selecting files: Hi Guys, I have encountered this problem (in thread line) for the past 3-5 days and I have come no closer to any solution during that period of time. Basically, as soon as I left click or right click on a file in Windows Explorer it will crash. My Windows icon in the...
  10. File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer won't open: Glad you got it worked out. *Thumbs