Windows 10: File Explorer Word file non responsive foggy screen

Discus and support File Explorer Word file non responsive foggy screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a journal for a few days in Word online on a New Blank Document which saved to File Explorer Onedrive Documents folder with a word file named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1center, Feb 19, 2020.

1. 1center Win User

File Explorer Word file non responsive foggy screen

I created a journal for a few days in Word online on a New Blank Document which saved to File Explorer Onedrive Documents folder with a word file named document. When double clicking to open the file in File Explorer I only get the file to highlight with the spinning little circle nothing happens then trying to right click a pale yellow fog appears on the screen only thing I can do is shut down the program clicking the x which send me back to the desktop were then the Icons blink off an back on briefly. Going back into file explorer it does the same no change. I can't delete the file either. In Onedrive Online Documents the Word document works fine. I made sure I was signed in the Onedrive Desktop app. Not sure what to do now any help would be appreciated. I have a stock Dell 3668 i5 12gb ram running Windows 1909 up to date.

File Explorer Word file non responsive foggy screen 0364b6a1-28bc-4c26-847f-f8af0736cb52?upload=true.png

File Explorer Word file non responsive foggy screen 0db64047-dc72-4a97-aed8-3f06be1863cc?upload=true.jpg

:)

1center, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Feb 19, 2020
  3. File Explorer, Right click not responsive

Regarding your concern with File Explorer, we suggest that you follow these steps to resolve your query.

• Open File Explorer and click the View tab.
    • Click Options, and select Change folders and search options. The
      Folder Options window should pop up.
    • Click View tab and check mark “Always show icons, never thumbnails.”
      File Explorer Word file non responsive foggy screen 0a0866ea-811b-444d-836e-f29ca744e5b5.jpg
    • Click Apply and click Yes, when it asks, “Do you want all folders of this type to match this folder’s view settings?”
    • Click OK to close the Folder Options window and you may now use your File Explorer.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Feb 19, 2020
  4. File Explorer Word file non responsive foggy screen

File Explorer is windoes 10 non responsive

Hi,

If you’re having trouble getting your File Explorer to run on Windows 10, no worries. This post provides the right solutions for you. Read on and follow the easy-doing steps with images below.

https://www.techwibe.com/windows-10-file-explor...

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/windows-10...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

MilagrosM2020, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Word file non responsive foggy screen

1. File Explorer Word file non responsive foggy screen - Similar Threads - File Explorer Word

2. File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding: I had been having trouble opening OneDrive Word and Excel files from File Explorer. A search led to this post: File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding - Microsoft Community. My solution was to repair Office, as advised by the A. User post -...
  3. Word in Win365 is slow to non-responsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word in Win365 is slow to non-responsive: I have noticed in past 1-2 weeks that Word has often been slow/non-responding when attempting to open document. I've been running Windows 365 for several months, and this slow-down has been a recent development. Today Word took so long to open about 2 minutes that I did a...
  4. File Explorer non-responsive to right click

File Explorer non-responsive to right click: Windows 10 Pro No trouble viewing c drive. Right click it and File Explorer locks up. The wheel keeps circling. It will stop after a long while, but menu does not open. What to do? Edit: removed issue of mapped drives not appearing. They appear now....
  5. File Explorer Extremely Slow or Not Responsive

File Explorer Extremely Slow or Not Responsive: I have windows 10 and these issues occur when using file explorer, moving or managing files. A. File explorer takes minutes to open or won't open when clicked on this includes using the windows search bar and any icons on the computer. B. File explorer crashes often or is...
  6. File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files

File Explorer Crashes with MS Word files: Is there a quick fix to File Explorer crashes when clicking on MS Word files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-with-ms-word-files/c954364a-600d-4dfa-95f0-5bf6b6cf3760
  7. Right portion of screen non-responsive

Right portion of screen non-responsive: Running Win 10 with latest updates Lenovo ideacentre AIO Y910-27ISH Desktop Approximately 1/6 of the screen, on the right hand side, is suddenly unresponsive, although displaying properly. The cursor can still travel there, and windows/programs can occupy that space,...
  8. File Explorer will no longer search for words in files

File Explorer will no longer search for words in files: I had automatic updates on, but clearly the computer didn't automatically update. File explorer is no longer finding words in files. I've processed all the updates from January to now, but File Explorer search is still broken. I really need that search to work to be able to...
  9. MS Word and File Explorer

MS Word and File Explorer: I just started using Word 365. I go to File Explorer and open an existing Word doc and make no changes to it. I then close it out. In File Explorer, the listing shows it now has a new “Date modified” with the current date. If I open the doc again and check its properties, it...
  10. File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding: When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files by using Excel or...