Windows 10: File explorer wrong color

Discus and support File explorer wrong color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After this October update, that a friend of mine told me that File Explorer would have a matching color of your system default theme, light or dark, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gustavo-Maciel, Oct 6, 2018.

1. File explorer wrong color

After this October update, that a friend of mine told me that File Explorer would have a matching color of your system default theme, light or dark, I only got this monstrosity in my system. It's wrong in both light and dark.

Someone could explain me how can this be fixed?

File explorer wrong color 9dc15d52-6d32-4120-b8f9-2172390153e4?upload=true.png File explorer wrong color 5b051a24-4be0-4ffd-8aec-8a880dfa5490?upload=true.png

:)

Gustavo-Maciel, Oct 6, 2018

2. File explorer window be force to scroll to top when changing theme color

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

We appreciate you for trying some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Does the issue only occur with File explore window when you try to change the theme color?

• Can you elaborate more about the situation you are facing, when you say “File explorer window be force to scroll to top when changing theme color”?

• Do you sign in to the Windows 10 through Microsoft/Local account?
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 6, 2018
  3. SOMETHING WENT WRONG WITH FILE EXPLORER

something went wrong with file explorer. It always shows negative color on monitor when it opend. Just like flash of camera. I need a help to fix this problem guys.

salmanbahresi, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer wrong color

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

File explorer wrong color

1. File explorer wrong color - Similar Threads - File explorer wrong

2. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  3. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  4. What's wrong with file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What's wrong with file explorer: * Related: ITS A VIRUS PLS HELP ME I am experimental guy who always does something with the pc so today i did something like downloading " AUSLOGICS DRIVER UPDATER " apk cracked version and extracted it through winrar and when i extracted it and opened the exe something just...
  5. What's wrong with file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's wrong with file explorer: I am experimental guy who always does something with the pc so today i did something like downloading " AUSLOGICS DRIVER UPDATER " apk cracked version and extracted it through winrar and when i extracted it and opened the exe something just popped like cmd cracked version and...
  6. File explorer sorting Wrong

File explorer sorting Wrong: I updated to Windows 10, version 21H1My files are sorting wrong. When listed ascending by name, it puts names that are "the same but longer" before the "plain" name. It used to be like this picture below:I need it the old way. When I have a bunch of files of "the same but...
  7. something wrong with search in File Explorer

something wrong with search in File Explorer: I usually using search in file explorer, file name and content inside files. Since this early morn, the result show only folder can't search in file name or file content anymore. Try using troubleshooter, it's detect "windows search is not working" then fixed it, but the...
  8. Color Management in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Management in File Explorer: Hi! For quite a few years I have been struggeling with Windows Color Management. Colors do not look ok in Windows File Explorer, much more yellow than in Adobe Creative Suite, Chrome, Mac finder, etc. As a professional photographer working in concert halls and theatres this...
  9. background color in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    background color in file explorer: OS = Win 10. In my Settings>Color, I set the color to dark. All information in File Explorer comes up with a black background. Is there a way I can get a white background in File Explorer, while keeping a black background for the main program information box that comes up...
  10. Change the color of my File Explorer back to the color it was before the update.

Change the color of my File Explorer back to the color it was before the update.: I personally like the old white background before the recent update with the dark background, however the point isn't the color of the background. The Point is that Microsoft choses what I like whether I like it or not. their required updates should focus on security and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer in windows 10 boarder color scheme

2. windows file explorer wrong colours