Windows 10: File Explorer

Discus and support File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; File Explorer used to be displayed in my taskbar. Why did it disappear and I can not find a way to pin it to the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M LFennema, Sep 8, 2018.

1. File Explorer

File Explorer used to be displayed in my taskbar. Why did it disappear and I can not find a way to pin it to the taskbar

:)

M LFennema, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Sep 8, 2018
  4. File Explorer

File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer

1. File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. my network drives are no longer being shown in "network" in file explorer anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my network drives are no longer being shown in "network" in file explorer anymore: my network drives are no longer being shown in "network" in file explorer anymore in 2017/2018 i could see all my network drives in file explorer and so read and write to them, but then i could not see them but last year i started to see all my network drives again after an...
  3. Windows 10 and Office 360 on PC. Blue arrows in corner of file icons in File Explorer

Windows 10 and Office 360 on PC. Blue arrows in corner of file icons in File Explorer: In the last couple of weeks all the files and folders in File Explorer have two blue arrows pointed at each other at 45 degrees in the top RH corner of the icons, whether icons, tiles or list. Anyone know what these are and what they signify? Can I get rid of them?...
  4. Red X on OneDrive IN File Explorer, but nothing seems wrong, how do I make it go away?

Red X on OneDrive IN File Explorer, but nothing seems wrong, how do I make it go away?: [ATTACH]No other folders or files have ANY sync issues whatsoever. I am very familiar with OneDrive an how to check for sync issues, but this REd X refuses to go away. I have unlinked and re-linked OneDrive. Signed in and Out. What next? See screenshot, thanks.. JF...
  5. Windows 10 hangs and explorer unresponsive when clicking on PDF file

Windows 10 hangs and explorer unresponsive when clicking on PDF file: Occasionally when I go to a folder to open a PDF file when I click on it the folder just freezes and becomes unresponsive. I can open the pdf file if I open the pdf software (tracker software pdf exchange editor). but if I restart it is all ok. then it might happen again...
  6. du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer: du[plicate external drive showing up in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-external-drive-showing-up-in-file/4160f493-796c-4b75-b191-dad4ec94c0b9"
  7. Files in File Explorer are not selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files in File Explorer are not selected: Prior the issue File Explorer kept a selected file selected. I could select a file, then open it, save etc. without having to click on the mouse. Currently folder settings in File Explorer have changed because the file I have opened is not stayed selected anymore. I have to...
  8. File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer: Where did the "enhance" button go in file explorer for downloaded photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer/de1fa230-4370-4e67-b4cf-b08f4e98967f
  9. Internet Explorer zero-day lets hackers steal files from Windows PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer zero-day lets hackers steal files from Windows PCs: A security researcher has published today details and proof-of-concept code for an Internet Explorer zero-day that can allow hackers to steal files from Windows systems.The vulnerability resides in the way Internet Explorer processes MHT files. MHT stands for MHTML Web...
  10. File Explorer problem with Win/10- click to open a folder/file get an everending blue...

File Explorer problem with Win/10- click to open a folder/file get an everending blue...: Problem is as explained in the SUBJECT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-problem-with-win10-click-to-open-a/3cc19418-3b3c-40ad-8d84-c8ece4829682"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone file explorer

2. file explorer no add ons

3. open onedrive online in file explorer