Windows 10: File Explorer

Discus and support File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; File Explorer used to be displayed in my taskbar. Why did it disappear and I can not find a way to pin it to the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M LFennema, Sep 8, 2018.

1. File Explorer

File Explorer used to be displayed in my taskbar. Why did it disappear and I can not find a way to pin it to the taskbar

:)

M LFennema, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Sep 8, 2018
  4. File Explorer

File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer

1. File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. Windows Explorer crashes when trying to preview Word (.docx) files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashes when trying to preview Word (.docx) files: Here goes: I open Windows Explorer The preview button is engaged I preview all types of files no problem including Office 365 Excel, Adobe .pdf, Word 97-2003 .DOC, jpg, gif, tif, etc. I try to preview Word .docx files and Windows Explorer freezes. Have to go into task...
  3. Win 10 and File Explorer opening in less than full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 and File Explorer opening in less than full screen: From what I have seen there has been no satisfactory answer to the original question which I understood was how to force Win 10's File Explorer to open full screen rather than randomly opening partial screen. The older versions of Win with File Manager, etc., had similar...
  4. File explorer slideshow displays random photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer slideshow displays random photos: I have been able to show all my photos for years in alpha/numeric sequence in file explorer slide show; but now the show them in a random sequence, including all my old files which previously showed them as alpha/numeric. Please could you tell me how I can disable random play...
  5. dark mode for file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  6. Photos on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos on File Explorer: I have been able to show all my photos for years in alpha/numeric sequence in file explorer slide show; but now the show them in a random sequence, including all my old files which previously showed them as alpha/numeric. Please could you tell me how I can disable random play...
  7. Rename/change User account in File Explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rename/change User account in File Explorer: [img] This is what my file explorer looks like. The only user account in the control panel is TimB. I want to get rid of or rename the defaultuser1.ASUS5 account and the trgra account. I've read various account of how to fix this, but none of them exactly fit my situation....
  8. I can't select multiple files in file explorer using either shift or ctrl keys. Keyboard...

I can't select multiple files in file explorer using either shift or ctrl keys. Keyboard...: Any idea why this would be the case? Every "answer" I find says to just use the shift key, but for some reason this is NOT working. The keyboard works fine, so it's not my shift key!...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will not show jpg files

Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will not show jpg files: My Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will show other formats such as PDF and XLSX, but not JPG. In File Explorer Options: Display file icon on thumbnails Show preview handlers in preview pane, are both checked. Further, Always show icons, never thumbnails...
  10. File Explorer crashing in Windows 10

File Explorer crashing in Windows 10: What steps can I take to sort this out? File explorer won't open from the taskbar or from windows search. When I do get file explorer to open (using dropbox app), file explorer crashes quickly....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone file explorer

2. file explorer no add ons

3. open onedrive online in file explorer