Windows 10: File Explorer

Discus and support File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a Registry hack that will always open File Explorer in LIST view regardless of the state the window was closed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael in SJ, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:42 PM.

1. File Explorer

Is there a Registry hack that will always open File Explorer in LIST view regardless of the state the window was closed?

:)

Michael in SJ, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:42 PM
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

4. File Explorer

File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:43 PM
Thema:

File Explorer

1. File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. After enabling OneDrive, search box no longer works in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After enabling OneDrive, search box no longer works in file explorer: I purchased and installed Microsoft 365 last week. I connected to OneDrive at that time. I rebooted my pc after the install. Now, when I open File Explorer and use the Search field to find an item, it always says "No items match your search". For example, I have a folder...
  3. duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer

duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer: Why has Microsoft not created a fix for this common problem with an update? There seem to be a huge number of people who have this problem and there was no clear answer from Microsoft in the closed thread on how to fix this issue. Personally I do not want to be editing the...
  4. File explorer displays a white blank bar on the menubar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer displays a white blank bar on the menubar: File Explorer displays a blank white image across the menubar and I can't access it. This also occurs with Bing and other Microsoft applications....
  5. Duplicate libraries in explorer files windows 10

Duplicate libraries in explorer files windows 10: I had the problem of duplicate libraries in the file browser of windows 10. When I changed the location of a library they changed all at once having 7 libraries called "documents". Looking for how to solve this problem I only found as a solution to create a new user....
  6. File Explorer / Photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer / Photos: Hello, Through One Drive I have all of my pictures on PC. Today I accidentaly pressed Group By button in File Explorer and all of my photos are in different order. I've tried every single button grouping by Name, Time and even None anyhow all the photos aren't in the same...
  7. Windows Explorer Preview Pane not working with OneDrive / Sharepoint Files in Cloud

Windows Explorer Preview Pane not working with OneDrive / Sharepoint Files in Cloud: According to the MS post below, OneDrive on-Demand files are supposed to be viewable in the preview pane, but I can't seem to get it to work. Files that are downloaded (green checkmark) work fine, but those that are on-demand (blue cloud) don't, regardless of file type. The...
  8. Problem with File Explorer

Problem with File Explorer: My Dell XPS, running Windows 10 Home, no longer has a D: drive, but when I click on Documents in This PC it tries to find the missing drive. More of an annoyance than a problem, but I can't seem to get File Explorer to change in the Properties tab. It keeps insisting on...
  9. Wrong alphabetical sort in Windows Explorer when "show file extensions" is ON

Wrong alphabetical sort in Windows Explorer when "show file extensions" is ON: Movie titles is a great example, if you got 3 files, Lord of the Ring Lord of the Ring 2 Lord of the Ring 3 and turn ON "show file extensions", then it sorts like this: Lord of the Ring 2.mp4 Lord of the Ring 3.mp4 Lord of the Ring.mp4 This happens because Windows...
  10. Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer

Searching a document in containing a specific word from file explorer: I have to find a document(.docx format) containing a specific word by using the search options from the file explorer. eg: I wish to find a word containing the word "thank you" within my documents from file explorer. I have lots of document in that format on my PC. Anyone,...