Windows 10: File Explorer

Discus and support File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a Registry hack that will always open File Explorer in LIST view regardless of the state the window was closed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael in SJ, Jan 11, 2019.

1. File Explorer

Is there a Registry hack that will always open File Explorer in LIST view regardless of the state the window was closed?

:)

Michael in SJ, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jan 11, 2019
  4. File Explorer

File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer

1. File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. File Explorer not displying or accessing .xlsx after new update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer not displying or accessing .xlsx after new update: I had a successful auto Windows update on 3/19/19. I used Excel 365 on several worksheets with no issues. Today when I used File explorer to open one of the files it failed to open and the icons on all of my Excel files changed to a sheet of paper. I can used Excel 365...
  3. Q-Z (21) in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Q-Z (21) in File Explorer: My pictures folder (Windows 10 latest) always shows with something like this: Q-Z (21) of each group of folders. I cannot figure out how to get rid of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/q-z-21-in-file-explorer/a234131d-3726-48c0-b710-cf82b2eeb8cf"
  4. File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding

File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding: File Explorer, in Details Pane View, stops responding after the closure of any .docx file or any .xlsx file if said file was opened via File Explorer. Older .doc files or .xls files do not cause such a problem, nor do .pdf, .txt or .jpg files cause such a problem. The...
  5. File Explorer search results show non-exact matches

File Explorer search results show non-exact matches: When searching in File Explorer, the term 'm990-03-02' returns two files: 1) M990-03-02 2) M990-02-03 Why is -02-03 appearing? I tried to wrap the search term in double quotes ("m990-03-02") however both files still appear in the search results. Is there a setting...
  6. How can I STOP file explorer from permanently deleting files? The option to send files to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I STOP file explorer from permanently deleting files? The option to send files to...: In Windows 10 File Explorer, the option to send files to the recycle bin is grayed out. How do I enable this option? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-file-explorer-from-permanently/a342d12f-da5d-404f-988c-7ae5ef09df35
  7. Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors: When I open File Explorer in Windows 10, using the dark theme, I want the colors of highlighted items to be different. Previous versions of Windows allowed much more granular customization of environmental items. Those options seem to be gone. When I click on an item in a...
  8. file explorer problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer problems: Hello, can you help me? Can I uninstall and reinstall file explorer in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-problems/e4cd4479-c0b2-4a69-a782-1240dbff815e
  9. file explorer extensions

file explorer extensions: I recently transferred my files from an old laptop to a new one. All of my files have a new extension similar to the following: (2019_03_15 16_15_59 UTC). What happened, what did I do wrong?...
  10. Adding file and folder icons to Windows Explorer

Adding file and folder icons to Windows Explorer: Hi folks, I'd love to add more customized icons to those associated by Windows File Explorer / Windows Explorer, so that I can have them express what I want and need. But they all seem to be contained within the Shell.dll file, which I don't think makes it a drag-and-drop...