Windows 10: File explorer

Discus and support File explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After saving an excel file that I received from a trusted source (but may have been corrupted), I was no longer able to access my files. When clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jean-ClaudeT., Feb 5, 2019.

1. File explorer

After saving an excel file that I received from a trusted source (but may have been corrupted), I was no longer able to access my files. When clicking on thye File Explorer icon, the window showed up by with the mention : File Explorer (Not Responding). What can, should I do to restore access to my files?

:)

Jean-ClaudeT., Feb 5, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Feb 5, 2019
  4. File explorer

File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

File explorer

1. File explorer - Similar Threads - File explorer

2. Renaming Folders From Windows File Explorer Search: Doesn't Rename Folders Correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming Folders From Windows File Explorer Search: Doesn't Rename Folders Correctly: [ATTACH] I'm not sure how long this bug has been there, however renaming folders from Windows File Explorer search messes up the folder names. The folder ends up with two folder names: 1) The new folder name, which appears in the Windows File Explorer UI 2) The old...
  3. File Explorer Unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Unstable: Symptoms: I first noticed that the thumbnails for my picture files weren't displaying. Then I found that they weren't previewing either. After changing the folder view settings to see what would happen, the folder view settings greyed out and were unresponsive. Closing and...
  4. How to make CD.DVD drive appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make CD.DVD drive appear in File Explorer: I have Windows 10 on my Surface Book with an LG CD/DVD player. For the first time I tried to use File Explorer to burn an Audio CD. Using the Send To feature, I could find CD/DVD drive showing. How do I make it appear on File Explorer? I'd appreciate the help....
  5. Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

Missing search tools tab in file explorer?: Hello, I'm not sure when this happened, but I have noticed that the Search Tools tab in File Explorer has disappeared. I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.836. I have another corporate-owned laptop running Windows 10 that does not receive updates unless...
  6. Restarting my file explorer normally

Restarting my file explorer normally: Can the community help me with suggestions? I need to restart my "File Explorer" normally because I cannot open files, because the File Explorer requires administrator privileges....
  7. Just found about the hidden File explorer!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just found about the hidden File explorer!!: [ATTACH] Apparently Microsoft has been developing a hidden File explorer. I got it from here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-hidden-modern-file-explorer-app-windows-10 Also, it can added to the start menu by moving the shortcut to...
  8. Window headers of File Explorer and other Window softwares are stretched and enlarged...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window headers of File Explorer and other Window softwares are stretched and enlarged...: Hello Guys, I was using Photoshop when this happened. After I closed the application, all the icons and trays or File Explorer and Office Applications are stretched. All the fonts look enlarged and trays look stretched. I tried all the solutions Resolution, font size, etc...
  9. OneDrive and File Explorer and Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and File Explorer and Office 365: I'm TOTALLY SICK of OneDrive and File Explorer and somewhat of Office 365. Yesterday I downloaded a file created by Microsoft SetupProd_OffScrub.exe that was supposed to auto remove and clean up Office 365. I was tired of Office not showing me or allowing me to choose where...
  10. File Explorer not openning. Please help me

File Explorer not openning. Please help me: Hi, My file explorer all of a sudden won't open in Windows 10. Could someone please help me? I tried to create a new short cut. I have ended the task in windows explorer Nothing seems to work. I can see in the preview screen at the bottom of my taskbar, but I can't...