Windows 10: File Explorer

Discus and support File Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The wife's fairly new computer, came with Windows 10, and seldom gets used but the File Explorer will not work. It continually freezes/hangs up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jimadar, Jun 13, 2019 at 9:08 AM.

1. Jimadar Win User

File Explorer

The wife's fairly new computer, came with Windows 10, and seldom gets used but the File Explorer will not work. It continually freezes/hangs up and she cannot get to her (or my) files. Your file explorer simply does not work.

Do you have a fix?

:)

2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

4. File Explorer

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 13, 2019 at 9:17 AM
Thema:

File Explorer

1. File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. how to fix file explorer not responding in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to fix file explorer not responding in windows 10: every time I try to use file explorer it hunts and hunts and eventually says not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-file-explorer-not-responding-in-windows/b8543f09-128c-4223-8760-85ec810e7cc3"
  3. File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903

File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903: My laptop was updated to Version 1903 of Windows 10 a day or 2 ago. Now when I start File Explorer, it starts as usual but as soon as I click on anything in the Navigation Pane e.g. to open a folder or expand part of a folder tree, it becomes completely unresponsive and shows...
  4. set default open folder in Windows File Explorer

set default open folder in Windows File Explorer: I've searched the internet and tried lots of things, but I cannot set a default opening folder for Windows File Explorer in Windows 10. Please advise. And thanks....
  5. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  6. File Explorer refuses to acknowledge Dark Mode

File Explorer refuses to acknowledge Dark Mode: This website is absolutely useless when it comes to finding answers. Every place I search just tells me to go to my Personalization, Colors, switch the system to Dark Mode and magically File Explorer switches as well. Yeah... no, it doesn't. I had a dark Explorer...
  7. Windows File Explorer Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows File Explorer Right Mouse Click: I have just upgraded my system to win 10 release 10.0.18362 Build 18362 and all appeared to be working. I found an issue with File Explorer - if I try to "right Click" on a drive letter in the left panel File Explorer closes (all task bar items also get disappear for a few...
  8. Make Windows 10 always display full path in File Explorer Address Bar

in Windows 10 News
    Make Windows 10 always display full path in File Explorer Address Bar: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]File Explorer is the default application to manage files on Windows 10. In the earlier version of Windows, the title bar of Explorer used to show the path of the file, i.e., Address or the Location of the file or folder. However, by [...] This post Make...
  9. How to fix Windows 10 File Explorer slowdown when copying files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to fix Windows 10 File Explorer slowdown when copying files?: Hello! This is my first ever post on this website, so please excuse me if I accidentally don't follow some of the traditions/rules of this site. Anyway, so here's why I'm asking about this. On Sunday night of this week I left with my family for a trip to the college my...
  10. How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The File Explorer is the ultimate tool for browsing files on storage on a Windows 10 computer. It provides a great sense of customization for both listing and performing operations on a file. A user can arrange the files and [...] This post How to disable...